Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Product Control Senior Analyst- Capital Markets Originations (Buffalo, NY)
- Primary Location: United States,New York,Buffalo
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18076542
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Finance Division acts as a strategic partner across business lines. Professionals within the division work closely with the management teams of Citigroup's many departments, adding value to the firm's operations through strategic analysis and hands-on participation in planning and in process redesign. The Finance Division consists of Treasury, Tax, Controllers, Accounting Policy and Planning and Analysis.
The Controller's area is responsible for a variety of activities related to the Firm's financial reporting and controls. The division is divided into different areas of specialization where each group features a unique set of responsibilities that include both analytical and accounting roles.
For this role, the candidate will support desks within the wider ICG BCMA (Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory) segment which includes M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions), CMO (Capita Markets Origination) and CPM (Corporate Portfolio Management). Products covered within these segments include M&A, Loans, Bonds and Equities in addition to Structured Products such as Leases and Renewable Energy
Currently, the BCMA Product Control area is seeking an AVP Product Control Lead Analyst. This is an exciting opportunity to utilize your analytical skills and increase your knowledge in a dynamic and growing product area. The objective of this role is to work on the BAU with an additional focus on driving improvements in process and controls. To achieve this the candidate will need to work with the partners of the E2E value chain including Middle Office and the desk.
Incumbent responsibilities for the Structured Product Control Lead Analyst position include but are not limited to the follow:
- Execute and report on BAU processes
- Produce statistics and metrics on transaction activity and manual adjustments
- Lead/assume ownership of system development projects within Finance.
- Prepare and present materials for internal and external audit reviews.
- Complete Management Control Assessment reviews.
- Foster client relationships through daily interaction with professionals throughout respective businesses.
- Oversee month-end balance sheet analytics and eRecon reporting.
- Perform timely ad-hoc analyses in support of business needs or on behalf of Finance initiatives.
- Ensure adherence to GAAP standards, Global Product Control policies, and other established process controls.
- Ensure accuracy of P&L/PAA/GRA reporting for the businesses.
- Work with other regional Product Controllers to ensure consistent global PC approach.
- Work with the Business, Risk, Accounting Policy, Middle Office, Operations, Legal and Others to ensure accuracy and integrity of Citi’s legal and management books.
- Bachelor’s degree in any finance, economics or other business-related subject.
- Strong product knowledge and experience in Product Control preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in an accounting and / or finance role. Experience in Banking products preferable.
- Intuitive, problem solving abilities and assumes complete ownership of responsibilities.
- Robust analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload to meet assigned deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment and flexibility to work towards established deadlines while managing multiple tasks.
- Team oriented. Performs best in a cohesive team environment.
- Understanding of Accounting principles and importance of internal process controls to mitigate risk.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of management.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Excel. Strong knowledge of Access also preferred.