Process Control Lead Analyst - Business & Travel Shared Services (BTSS)
As a bank with a brain and a soul, Citi creates economic value that is systemically responsible and in our clients’ best interests. As a financial institution that touches every region of the world and every sector that shapes your daily life, our Enterprise Operations & Technology teams are charged with a mission that rivals any large tech company. Our technology solutions are the foundations of everything we do. We keep the bank safe and provide the technical tools our workers need to be successful. We design our digital architecture and ensure our platforms provide a first-class customer experience. Our operations teams manage risk, resources, and program management. We focus on enterprise resiliency and business continuity. We develop, coordinate, and execute strategic operational plans. Essentially, Enterprise Operations & Technology re-engineers client and partner processes to deliver excellence through secure, reliable, and controlled services.
Citi Shared Services (CSS) is a vital partner to the Corporate Finance and Human Resources organizations. We ensure financial and human resources operations and processes throughout the entire employment life cycle are carried out through the performance of world-class, scalable operations. We also deliver excellence in mission-critical, global products and local services for 84 countries. Furthermore, we manage the governance of the Citi Solutions Center Network, which serves 98,000 employees, supporting Citi’s businesses and operational units. Our diverse profile of products and services touches every Citi employee.
Our strategic priorities, which include enhancing our safety and soundness standards, elevating both leadership and manager capabilities, as well as designing innovative solutions to eliminate pain points, enable us to continually raise the bar. We are implementing cutting-edge digital tools, exploring dynamic reporting capabilities and self-service platforms, and adopting forward compatible behaviors, all while modeling a customer-centric mindset. 90% of the CSS family calls one of our strategic hubs (Budapest, Costa Rica, Manila, Mumbai, and Tampa) home. Each hub offers a unique energy and a myriad of development and engagement opportunities, but the common attribute that cuts across them all is a strong sense of community. We are long-standing champions of diversity, which is consistently reflected in our decisions and actions. Our employees value meritocracy, demonstrate passion for growth and development, and model dignity and respect for all.
Our commitment to diversity includes a workforce that represents the clients we serve globally from all walks of life, backgrounds, and origins. We foster an environment where the best people want to work. We value and demand respect for others, promote individuals based on merit, and ensure opportunities for personal development are widely available to all. Ideal candidates are innovators with well-rounded backgrounds who bring their authentic selves to work and complement our culture of delivering results with pride. If you are a problem solver who seeks passion in your work, come join us. We’ll enable growth and progress together.
The Process Control Lead Analyst is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence, and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Control Environment: Provides sound guidance to the BTSS product, region, and country teams to ensure that the organization has appropriate policies and practices to enable employees in supported business units to identify risks and evaluate exposures of control deficiencies, analyze and determine root cause, and ensure management has effective and timely remediation plans.
- Manager Control Assessment governance: Manage the BTSS MCA, including the governance of timely completion of Monitoring Results, Process reviews to ensure the Significant Risks and Key Controls are included, designed adequately, and operating effectively.
- Audit Management: Manages engagements with internal and external audit parties for BTSS supported processes
- Process Reviews and Issues Management: Conducts reviews to understand the end-to-end process, evaluate key control and identify deficiencies and improvement opportunities, analyze root cause, and ensure management has effective and timely remediation plans. Manage Corrective Action Plan tracking and reporting for supported processes. Manages and reports control issues with transparency.
- Support other control programs: Contributes to other risk and control initiatives including but not limited to Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC), business monitoring, Business Continuity, Third Party Management, and reporting of risk metrics and best practices.
- Communicate to staff & management on initiatives, timelines, and status including heat maps, dashboards, Senior Management packages, etc.
- Build and maintain knowledge in effective business process internal controls, including internal control framework, and develop educational, training, and awareness materials for consumption by BTSS employees.
- Provide support to Risk & Control Management in implementation of Citi-wide initiatives and projects, including key corporate policies and procedures.
- Use communication and diplomacy to guide and influence others, in particular colleagues in other areas.
- The ideal candidate will have highly analytical, management and communication skills.
- 6+ years of experience in risk advisory, operational risk, compliance, internal control, and/or project management related functions within financial services or shared services industry
- Experience with applying principles, methods and techniques in the design and operation of process controls and their system components
- Comprehensive knowledge of compliance policies and processes and proficiency in risk and control related practices
- Capable of providing leadership in optimization and efficiencies in control practices for the business as well as the resolution of cross business issues
- Well versed in developing new ideas and improving current processes and proactively engages business and functional managers to mitigate risks
- Exposure to regulatory and control models
- Requires a collegial and service-oriented demeanor, and an ability to challenge existing conventions and make recommendation for improvements
- Strong Communication and Presentation skills – comfortable in presenting to BTSS Senior Leadership
- Able to identify trends and themes from high volume information sources and synthesize reports for easy consumption of senior business managers
- Skilled at building partnerships across functions and regions; collaborates well with others with experience working in cross-cultural global teams
- Project management experience is a plus
- Risk certification is a plus
- Audit certification is a plus
- Ability to lead through influence and adapt in a changing environment
- Thinks strategically and articulates concepts clearly. Sound critical thinking and analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to achieve results and ability to act with sense of urgency
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and be able to present information to various levels of management
- Ability to identify and articulate root cause
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Self-motivated and positive attitude
- Solid time management skills and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to deliver on multiple priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting, or equivalent experience.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com | Twitter: @Citi | YouTube: www.youtube.com/citi | Blog: http://blog.citigroup.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/citi | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/citi.
Job Family Group:Corporate Services
Job Family:General Services
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs