Assistant Vice President - GLM
The Global Liquidity Management (GLM) team is a part of the Treasury organization that provides oversight and analysis of Citi’s liquidity position. The team is responsible for monitoring, forecasting, managing and reporting on Citi’s liquidity position, and works with all levels within the company to establish and implement liquidity initiatives to improve Citi’s liquidity profile and risk management processes. In this capacity the team influences strategic and tactical decisions that impact liquidity and assists with coordination of funding across businesses. In coordination with Planning & Analysis and Treasury Capital Management, Central Resolution and Recovery team; GLM ensures a consistent view of the balance sheet, liquidity and capital management. In addition, GLM works globally with country and business treasurers to implement funding and liquidity plans. Finally, the team maintains an active and open dialogue on liquidity matters with regulators, rating agencies, investor relations and industry groups, and provides training on asset and liability management to our constituents.
The Model Implementation team acts as the business representative in the implementation and transformation projects related to liquidity model development and redesign. Acting in close coordination with the Finance Transformation, Technology and Operations; the group defines business requirements for new developments such as assumption changes, creation of new metrics, reporting enhancements, and the deployment of business intelligence tools and dashboards.
Additionally, by holding the data expertise the group acts as a critical contributor on strategic projects supporting regulatory feedback and/or internal business developments.
As part of the team, you will be involved in key initiatives including, but not limited to, the ILST redesign project. This multi-year initiative focuses on methodology and reporting enhancements of the firm's Internal Liquidity Stress Test. Expansion of core capabilities is one of the top priorities for Citi Treasury in 2020. Given this focus, you will be provided will an exceptional level of senior management exposure and will have the opportunity to contribute to large cross-functional projects involving partners across the Citi's Treasury, Risk, Technology and Operations teams.
• Support the overall liquidity reporting change management process from data sourcing to end use, for both new reporting capabilities and existing capabilities undergoing enhancement
• Partner with Treasurers and reporting services teams to understand process pain points and seek solutions that deliver measurable benefits; foster an environment of continuous improvement
• Partner with colleagues in Treasury, Operations, Data Services and O&T on responses to regulatory requests, ensuring consistent communication across the firm
• Support the development of scalable solutions in anticipation of future regulatory reporting requirements
• Review and sign-off on Minor Development Documents (MDD)
• Employ best practices in developing business requirements documentation through collaboration with subject matter experts in various domains (Technology, Treasury business, Financial reporting and Controllers)
• Ensure the groups operate in a well-organized and auditable framework that will satisfy Internal Audit and Regulatory reviews
• Conduct necessary testing and provide signoffs on the implemented solutions
This role will require the individual to develop subject matter expertise as there will be recurring interface with the corresponding Treasury and business teams. Additionally, the individual will be required build knowledge of the regulatory and internal liquidity requirements applicable to the products, including business stress test assumptions and applicable US and local regulations.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree; Graduate level degree a plus
• 2 + years of experience in Financial Services required
• Familiarity with balance sheet reports and understanding of broader liquidity management concepts
• Strong problem solving skills with the ability to identify key issues, gather facts and develop actionable recommendations
• Self-starter, strong attention to detail and willingness to, “roll up sleeves” to master the liquidity subject matter at a detailed business level to enhance value add during business requirements discussions
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and demanding environment
• Ability to work with individuals at various levels of the organization
• Ability to work as individual contributor as well as team player
• Highly organized work to meet audit and risk control requirements from potential audit and regulatory reviews
• Diagnostic skills to support production daily processes and responding to issues reported by the business in a fast paced environment that requires immediate decision making and actions to resolve issues.
• Experience with process mapping, including understanding the “As Is Process” and designing/outlining the End State process
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with full proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, including past experience creating senior management level presentations.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including VBA, reference functions and data analysis
• Familiarity with quantitative analysis and modeling concepts
• Working knowledge of SharePointt
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Balance Sheet Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs