Valuation Control Reporting Senior Analyst
The role is part of the Valuation Control Group (VCG), an independent group of subject matter experts in Product Control within the Finance Division.
VCG is organized along business lines and clients of the group include Desk Heads, Line Product Control, Market Risk, Model Validation, Compliance, Legal Department, Middle Office, Internal Audit, external audit firms, and regulatory bodies in countries impacted by Citi’s footprint. VCG collaborates closely with its client base to ensure complete understanding of business valuation issues and accurate execution of valuation policies.
Valuation Control Reporting Senior Analyst
As part of the team of diverse and supportive professionals, the main tasks are concerned with ensuring that risk portfolios are fairly valued in accordance with applicable standards and regulatory requirements. VCG works with trading and quantitative groups to fully understand the impact of valuation uncertainty on the desk’s level of pricing and any accompanying fair value adjustments. The team also participates in the approval of new products, where appropriate.
In this position you will use and expand your experience and professional skills for the following responsibilities:
- Preparing and developing regional, Legal Entity level, and global reports (mostly monthly or quarterly) on valuation controls and processes (primarily Independent Price Verification, Valuation Adjustment Calculation, Fair Value Hierarchy Classification)
- Actively liaising with VCG Asset Class Teams (Equities, Commodities, Credit, Rates, FXLM) to organise and communicate valuation results, and effectively collaborating with a range of senior stakeholders
- Acting as a reviewer and first point of escalation for valuation control reporting, as well as policy and regulatory breaches
- Ensuring compliance with the EBA’s Regulatory Technical Standards on Prudent Valuation, handling regulatory matters requiring attention, and ensuring associated reporting demands are timely remediated
- Ensuring a high level of accuracy across all reported numbers, high quality of pertaining commentaries and process documentation, and adequate legal entity focus
- Active participation in preparation of the Financial Statements for specific Legal Entities
- Streamlining EUCs (End-User Computing Tools), taking a critical approach towards existing processes, and helping build effective and well-controlled processes for new reporting requirements
- Exploiting a collaborative and motivating attitude to join forces with colleagues for excellent results
- Benefitting from your organized personality, attention to details and independent working style
- Using your experience and knowledge to drive and contribute to outstanding team performance
The ideal candidate for this position preferably possesses the following qualifications and skills:
- At least 6 years’ professional experience in a relevant field of Finance (for example Valuations, Risk, Product Control, Financial planning and analysis, Management Reporting)
- Strong data analysis, data mapping and reconciliation skills
- Strong computer literacy, with special regards to Microsoft Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- A good understanding of capital markets is a strong plus – an interest in capital market is a requirement
- Attention to detail, control-focused mind-set, and a high level of proactiveness
- Good time management and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to critically assess and improve processes
- Strong financial accounting skills and product knowledge are a plus
We are a development-focused organization. The above qualifications and skills are considered as primary assets for the position – but we do not pursue perfectionism: we look for capable colleagues and help them grow to excellence in their fields and positions.
- Flexible work arrangements in an organization that acknowledges life - work balance
- Career management and mentoring by senior colleagues and leaders
- Opportunity for participation in managerial development initiatives
- Inclusive and friendly corporate culture where gender diversity and equality is widely recognized
- A socially active team and communities with diverse networking opportunities
- A supportive workplace for professionals returning to the office from childcare leave
- Competitive compensation package
- Exposure to a wide range of capital market products
- Understanding accounting standards relating to fair value reporting for derivatives
- Understanding the regulatory impact on valuation and pricing
- Developing strong stakeholder management and coaching skills
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Product Control
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs