Pardon our dust! We are enhancing our application system to improve the Citi recruitment experience. Due to this upgrade you may be asked to create a new profile when you apply for a new job. If you submitted an application prior to July 21st you can view the status of your application and manage your documents via the Manage Existing link in the Create/Manage Profile drop down in the top right corner of this page.
Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Valuation Control ManagerApply Now Locations: Budapest, Budapest Job Function: Finance Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19117257
The role is part of the Valuation Control Group (VCG) team in Budapest. VCG’s primary responsibility is to reasonably ensure that risk portfolios are fairly valued in accordance with applicable standards and regulatory requirements. VCG works with trading and quantitative groups to fully understand the impact of valuation uncertainty on the desk’s level of pricing and any accompanying fair value adjustments. The team also participates in the approval of new products, where appropriate. VCG is organized along business lines and clients of the group include Desk Heads, Line Product Control, Market Risk, Model Validation, Compliance, Legal Department, Middle Office, Internal Audit, external audit firms, and regulatory bodies in countries impacted by Citi’s footprint. VCG collaborates closely with its client base to ensure complete understanding of business valuation issues and accurate execution of valuation policies.
- Leading the Rates Valuation Control Team in Budapest and overseeing the team’s work, including Independent Price Verification, valuation adjustments, fair value levelling, reporting and analysis, and project work
- Designing and implementing valuation adjustments and price testing methodologies
- Addressing valuation issues across a wide range of Rates products
- Identifying pricing issues that may require special attention with a critical analysis of the risks involved
- Ensuring particular attention is given to the design and implementation of controls
- Organizing and leading valuation meetings with Business Functions, Risk, and Product Control counterparts
- Complying with the EBA’s Regulatory Technical Standards on Prudent Valuation for the legal entities in scope
- Ensuring all policies and procedures pertaining to the team’s work are understood and adhered to
- Working towards a global consistency of processes and controls and ensuring the successful execution of any process migrations from outside of EMEA
- Allocating resources to and actively supporting projects aimed at enhancing Citi’s valuation control infrastructure
- Developing and maintaining an effective local review layer
- Promoting a culture of critical thinking and regular process enhancements
- Ensuring a good understanding of all EUCs (End-User Computing Tools) owned by the team and compliance with all pertaining control requirements
- Ensuring high quality process documentation is in place on an ongoing basis
- Maintaining a sound communication and cooperation framework with the VCG teams in the regional offices as well as stakeholders outside of VCG
- Actively managing the development and career growth of all team members; helping ensure a robust training plan is in place
- Completing all tasks (relating to the organization’s activity but not detailed in the job description) as assigned by the manager, supervisor, or functional head
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 8-10 years’ professional experience in Finance (preferably in Valuations, Product Control, Risk, Financial Control, or similar functions)
- Proven people management skills
- Solid capital markets product knowledge, with special regards to Rates
- Familiarity with modern derivative pricing methodologies and hedging practices
- Strong computer literacy with special regards to Microsoft Excel
- Strong financial accounting skills are a plus
- University or college degree in finance, accounting, or a similar relevant discipline
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Ability to motivate people of different backgrounds and personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with senior stakeholders
- High level of proactiveness
- Ability to meet tight reporting and project deadlines under pressure
- Keen attention to detail and control-focused mindset
- Ability to break down complex problems into manageable pieces.
- Strong process improvement capabilities
- Fluency in English
- Desire and ability to learn and develop continuously
- Willingness and ability to coach team members
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong decision making skills and high level of independence
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HU
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.