Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Valuation Control Global Process Owner VPApply Now Locations: Budapest, Budapest Job Function: Finance Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20173190
We are seeking an outstanding candidate for a VP position working in the Valuation Control Global Process Owner team which is part of Finance Product Control GPO organization.
This role is critical and influential in helping shape and drive process and technology change across the group.
This position requires a good understanding of the Valuation Control IPV function as well as the ability to work effectively at all levels and partner with our key stakeholders and other functions.
The Global Process Owner team are primarily responsible for defining and implementing the Firm’s vision of a best in class Product Control function.
This particular role will involve;
- Creating ideas and insight of how the Valuation Control process can be improved, simplified and operate more effectively
- Developing a clear plan to deliver the best in class vision of Valuation Controls’ process
- Executing on that plan to ensure the goals are achieved, by driving results and effective management of the process change agenda
- Partnering with Technology to deliver the right infrastructure tools and solutions aligned to both the Valuation Control vision and best in class Finance direction
Excellent communication and influencing skills are vital. The candidate will need to draw on experience and will require the ability to clearly articulate principles and methodologies to a variety of audiences including senior internal stakeholders and to find creative solutions to issues as they arise. It is key that strong relationships are established and maintained in order to deliver the common vision and goal.
The role also involves working with the Senior Product Control and Valuation Control Managers across all regions ensuring global consistency.
The role will assist with leading innovation across the group and therefore the successful candidate must possess resilience, tenacity and have a desire and passion to succeed in a fast moving, dynamic and forward looking environment.
Within Finance, Product Control is a cornerstone function of the Controllers organisation.
Product Control is an independent control function that provides financial understanding and insight into revenues and balance sheet. The group are responsible for ensuring the appropriate valuation of the Firms inventory is a key Business partner to internal and external stakeholders.
Alongside the wider GPO (Global Process Owner) team, this individual will focus on leading change management across Global Valuation Control. This will incorporate changes to IPV business processes, systems and technology implementation.
The successful candidate will be involved in the design and implementation of the global IPV process automation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Preferably educated to degree level. Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience
- 6+ years Finance experience, ideally with broad Product Control and IPV experienceProven ability and experience of leading change across a number of different teams / stakeholders
- Knowledge of independent price testing of wholesale products e.g. OTC Derivatives, Fixed Income and Securitised Products is required
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Able to work effectively at all levels of the organization and partner with key stakeholders to complete change projects
- Strong influencing skills. Able to communicate and present effectively to seniors across the organization.
- Well organized and detail oriented, willing to deep dive into business process and data flow analysis.
- Hands-on. Must have a good eye for detail, but also be able to step back and see the bigger strategic picture
- Hard-working, resilient and tenacious
- Ambitious, dynamic, highly driven and motivated.
- An agent of change
- The maturity and gravitas to challenge ideas and balance opportunities and threats
- Comfortable operating in an environment, which is challenging and professional with the backdrop of a complex business
- Ability to work well in a team
- Self-motivated and innovative
- Ability to prioritise to ensure deadlines are met
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to deal with a range of senior/junior staff across a number of disciplines
- Proven negotiation skills
- Leadership skills
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HU
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.