Senior Business Controller
To work as part of the Business Operational Risk Support team within the Rates & Currencies Risk and Controls team, with a primary focus on the Rates, Markets Finance and Markets Treasury businesses.
This role requires extensive liaison with multiple business and support functions at all levels and in all regions, including Rates and Currencies product CAOs and Business Management teams, MCA coordinators, Trading, Sales, Cross-Asset MSS teams, Operations, Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Compliance Assurance, ORM and other Risk teams.
This position reports to the Business Operational Risk Support Head.
The candidate will join a dynamic and diverse global team of Business Managers. Ability to leverage the team skills and experience is key to be successful in this role.
An effective governance, supervision and control framework is critical to the continuing existence and success of the Global Rates and Currencies franchise.
The successful candidate will manage a number of critical in-business control and governance processes as well as support projects to enhance the business control framework in Rates & Currencies with primary focus on Rates, Markets Finance and Markets Treasury
This will include assisting in the identification of operational risk issues and contributing to the development of both tactical and strategic solutions to manage these risks, enhance and monitor controls and ensure adherence with Citi policy and standards.
This role requires close cooperation with similar positions within broader MSS Business Management teams to promote “lessons learnt” and standardization of control framework across MSS.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Support the Business Heads and Business Management teams to maintain and enhance the control environment and develop the MCA content to support and represent it, maintaining best practices for MSS and Citi as well as adherence with policies and regulations.
- Work with the Business Supervisors, Technology & Control partners to document our control framework ensuring consistency in application between all regions and countries.
- Manage the Quarterly Risk Assessment (QRA) process, including the preparation of management metrics and analysis of operational risk as well as reviewing global monitoring results.
- Manage the Annual Risk Assessment (ARA) process.
- Manage the tracking of Operational Risk Events and Issues impacting the MCA.
- Support the evolution of the MSS control framework and assist with delivery of solutions to sufficiently mitigate existing and new emerging risks. Drive forward control enhancement initiatives and investigate control failures.
- Interact with MSS Transformation teams, ORM, Compliance, Internal Audit and other control functions to provide deliverables and business insight. Participate as required in ad-hoc reviews and regulatory / supervisory examinations of the wider Rates and Currencies business.
- Developing a detailed understanding of the Rates & Currencies business, its products and processes and how it operates within a large organization, which spans across more than 70 countries.
- Gaining in-depth knowledge of the control framework in Rates & Currencies and the MCA/GRC governance process and tools.
- Developing a global network of contacts within Rates & Currencies, MSS Transformation, MSS programs, ORM and control and infrastructure groups.
- Build effective prioritization skills as the job entails dealing with multiple conflicting priorities in a time pressured environment.
- Exposure to major projects at Citi to leverage and grow project management skills.
- Successful candidates will have the opportunity for future career progression within the MSS business.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in financial services in business or in business support functions.
- Solid working knowledge of end to end control frameworks for similar global businesses.
- Working knowledge of the Citi Risk & Controls system and MCA tools.
- Good understanding of Markets products and execution models.
- Experience of interaction with ORM, Internal Audit and Compliance Assurance.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communications skills (written / verbal) at all organizational levels.
- Stakeholder Management at all levels.
- Results/task orientated with excellent attention to detail and an analytical mindset.
- Ability to manage and prioritize effectively and resolve conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and autonomously as well as manage across all geographies.
- High level of computer literacy, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- The candidate will require experience within a markets business or key function.
- Working knowledge of control frameworks – design and execution.
- Excellent academic background educated to a minimum of degree level or sufficient industry experience.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet all of these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Communication / Relationship building.
- Attention to detail.
- Project management.
- Creativity in solution design & implementation.
- Team work.
- Prioritization / Initiative.
- Decision making capabilities.
Job Family Group:Business Strategy, Management & Administration
Job Family:Business Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs