Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Remedial TransactorApply Now Locations: Budapest, Budapest Job Function: Remediation Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20202019
The Remedial Mgmt Officer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Manage assigned accounts within acceptable risk parameters on an ongoing basis until workout is complete.
- Identify, modify and implement designed and approved workout strategies.
- Work and interact with customers, attorneys, and other third party professionals to acquire all necessary documentation, due diligence, and market intelligence.
- Evaluate and process data, historical information and “Know Your Client” to assess appropriate strategy.
- Develop and present action plans for assigned portfolio to Senior Management or 3rd parties.
- Negotiate with customers and internal Citi product/customer partners.
- Review accounts on a routine basis to gauge the level of progress achieved versus stated action plan, payment status (delinquency), documentation exceptions, annual review anniversaries, financial covenants, data integrity, and any other customer service (internal or external) follow-ups that arise during the course of time.
- Advise Risk Management partners of progress of the workout plan as well as potential risks that may develop throughout the course of the remedial effort.
- Prepare metrics and reporting criteria for loan performance including internal and external requirements such as FAS 114, TDR, and Basel;
- Deal with internal and external counsel strategically and on a cost effective basis.
- Demonstrate sound understanding of credit issues and is able to establish and process risk mitigation plans from inception to implementation to resolution.
- Negotiate with customers and internal partners, including Legal, Controls, Fraud, MIS/Reporting, Compliance.
- Collect information from various parties with potential opposing views/agendas in a respectful, efficient, and detail-oriented manner.
- Communicate and influence in a cross functional environment in settings that could involve conflicting priorities and timetables.
- Identify and assess asset liquidations, credit MIS, product loss norms and credit cycle in order to identify and organize dissection of credit problems; able to articulate “lessons learned” without alienating internal business partners.
- Demonstrate experience in applicable national and local regulations, guidelines, and practices.; represents Citi in discussions with internal/external auditors and reviewers on issues relevant to their daily role, e.g., FCR and OCC.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Knowledgeable in risk process and documenting an appropriate action plan for identified troubled, stressed, or distressed loans.
- 6-10 years experience in credit analysis and remedial management
- Proficient in collateral analysis, including real estate appraisals, equipment valuations, field exams, and asset searches.
- Excellent strategic, negotiation and implementation skills.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to synthesize the argument in a reasonable manner.
- Ability to articulate alternative transactions (pros/cons); identifies the related market, credit, operational, and legal/regulatory risks associated with the specific transaction/borrower.
- Excellent analytical and credit fundamentals skills. Some knowledge of applicable US and local regulations, guidelines and practices.
- Some litigation skills.
- Paramount communication skills with ability to synthesize the argument in a logical and rational manner.
- Must possess a sound understanding of Remedial Management and Small Business/Commercial Banking. Must have technical expertise and good understanding of products, tools, and associated risks.
- Capable of collecting information from various 3rd party individuals in a respectful, efficient, and detail oriented manner.
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Hungarian and English language required.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HU
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.