Financial Reporting Manager (Control Execution)
Citi has an extensive presence across EMEA, in 55 countries. Each Citi entity and country presence is subject to regulatory oversight by Central Banks and other financial regulatory bodies. The EMEA Local Regulatory Reporting team aims to deliver timely and accurate statistical, financial, and prudential information to all of Citi’s Regulators.
In line with Citi’s strategy to centralize, standardize and strengthen its processes, a large portion of EMEA reporting tasks is now placed in Citi’s Budapest CSC (Citi Solution Center), where 300+ professionals support the production of local regulatory returns for over 45 regulators.
The EMEA Control Execution Team supports report production teams in ensuring reports are complete and accurate by being responsible for the execution of periodic control activities. The team works closely with its stakeholders, including CSC Reporting Teams, Country Finance representatives, Regional Control Teams, EMEA Regulatory Reporting Management and Internal Audit.
In this position you will use and expand your experience and professional skills for the following responsibilities:
- Play a key role in control centralization initiative across EMEA, contribute to migration of periodic control activities to the team
- Being involved in a variety of periodic control activities supporting report production
- Understand the inherent risks of processes and how controls are designed to mitigate them, utilize your questioning mind-set to identify further improvement opportunities
- Create and follow work plan ensuring controls are executed in a timely manner with quality
- Document controls activities in a clear and concise manner, ensuring an independent party could reach to same conclusion based on documentation
- Proactively seek support of Regional Governance Team and Regional Control Team if any discrepancies noted
- Effectively negotiate with stakeholders during control activities to obtain support and get confirmation on any discrepancies noted during controls execution
- Develop subject matter expertise on any of the periodic controls and hold trainings, provide support to stakeholders
- Possessing technical skills when testing reports sent to a supervisory regulator to ensure they are in compliance with local regulatory reporting requirements. Communicate test results, impacts of differences, root cause of differences to the appropriate owner
- Support control performance testing activities of Regional Monitoring Teams and second or third line of defense departments
- Liaise with several departments outside of Finance, thereby gaining exposure to a broad range of international stakeholders
The ideal candidate for this position preferably possesses the following qualifications and skills:
- 6+ years of relevant experience in regulatory reporting process, internal or external audit, or any risk and control related function
- Knowledge of regulatory reporting instructions (such as Basel) is an advantage
- Prior experience in migration and process improvement projects is also an advantage
- Have strong project management skills inclusive of sound time management, attention to details, effective communication with stakeholders, critical thinking and problem solving
- Have a strong control mindset by identifying events representing a risk and being prepared with a response
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and great in building professional relationships
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel; prior experience with KNIME, PowerBI, Sharepoint or other workflow management tool is an advantage
- ACCA, CIA or similar qualifications to be considered an advantage
- Opportunity to work with a large number of professionals from different countries, backgrounds, functions, and levels of seniority
- Gain thorough understanding of risk and control related activities in a large and complex organization
- Gain transferable skills and knowledge about finance that are highly valued on the job market
- Opportunity to participate in process reengineering and digitization
- Benefit from flexible work arrangements in an organization that acknowledges work-life balance
- Inclusive and friendly corporate culture where gender diversity and equality are widely recognized
- Career management and mentoring by senior colleagues and leaders
- Long-term career opportunities across geographies, business lines
- Opportunities for participation in managerial development initiatives
- Supportive workplace for professionals returning to the office from childcare leave
- Competitive compensation package
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Financial Reporting
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs