Finance Reporting Senior Analyst
The Finance reporting senior analyst role is an integral part of the Spain and Southern Europe Finance team and is involved in all areas of the country and cluster finance related activities and initiatives.
The role will be located in Budapest, and primary responsibility will be to support the Country CFO in managing key relationships with the local Regulators, Tax Authorities and external auditors and control all related Finance function activities for the local legal entities; both those performed in country and those outsourced to Citi’s various regional offices.
The success criteria in the role is the ability to coordinate and effectively manage the offshored activities in delivering successful results to the local regulators and auditors.
Citi has had a presence in Spain since 1919 and was one for the first foreign banks to establish an office here in 1978. Citi Spain operates within Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory, Markets, Securities Services, Treasury and Trade Solutions, Private Banking and Commercial Banking.
Citi operates mainly through two legal entities in Spain
- Citibank Europe Plc, Spain Branch (CEP)
The bank chain entity is part of Citibank Europe Plc which is regulated by European Central Bank and deemed a Significant Institution.
- Citigroup Global Markets Europe, Spain Branch (CGME), the broker/dealer entity.
Furthermore it is one of the few countries in Western Europe still hosting legacy Holding entities.
Act as a trusted member of the Spanish Finance team and partner with business and other functions to deliver the best support within the following areas of responsibility:
Local Regulatory Reporting & Tax
Ensure integrity and accuracy of financial and regulatory reporting by;
- Support the integrity and accuracy of local regulatory reporting incl. Annual Financial Statements
- Support tax reporting processes; VAT, Corporate Income tax and others
- Champion progress in innovation and digitalization solutions
- Support with all internal and external audit reviews
Controls and Governance
Contribute to sound controls and governance environment by;
- Support the compliance with accounting directives, guidance and policies
- Support the implementation of new initiatives to comply with Citi internal Control requirements
- Support the delivery of a strong control environment
Legal Entity Management
- Engage with offshored offices to enhance efficiencies in diverse processes within reporting and balance sheet
- Work with CFO on Country Profitability reviews, including Transfer pricing and Recoveries processes
- Support CFO with management reporting governance including presentations to senior management
- Manage accruals and third party management activities such as APS onboarding and ICSA management
- Participate in and contribute to all relevant local and regional projects
The role will expose the candidate to:
- Diverse groups of professionals across different cultures and geographical locations
- Involvement in key, high profile country and cluster-level projects
- Internal, external and regulatory audits
- Exposure and experience from broad range of business activities, while simultaneously building a strong theoretical and technical knowledge over bank products, accounting and reporting.
- Minimum Bachelors’ degree from Finance
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent preferred
- Qualification with more than 4 years of experience
- An energetic and highly motivated self-starter with an assertive character, a hands-on approach and who aspires to being a key contributor in a dynamic team environment of professionals
- A pro-active team player who has the ability to champion Finance initiatives to successful conclusion
- Strong interpersonal and management skills are essential
- Displays clear accountability and ownership of tasks and responsibilities
Financial Controller with knowledge of:
- Financial Reporting (US GAAP and IFRS)
- Regulatory Reporting
- Planning and analysis
- Banking products and financial instruments
- Experience with managing offshored activities and liaising with external regulators and auditors
Minimum of 3-year experience in Finance/ Audit function
- Professional approach and excellent financial control and regulatory reporting skills
- Excellent communication skills with professional and diplomatic approach to reengineering, project management and change management
- Excellent teamwork skills coupled with the ability to work independently as appropriate
- Strong time management and prioritization skills, able to coordinate and manage across multiple deliverables and stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills and high level of attention to detail
- Ability to engage subject matter experts (internal and external) to address and resolve issues
- Excellent English language, Spanish/ French/ Italian language skills is a plus
- Competitive compensation package with added benefits
Private Medical Care Program and onsite medical rooms in our buildings Pension Plan Contribution to Voluntary Pension Fund
Group Life Insurance
Paid Parental Leave Program
- Flexible hybrid work arrangements in an organization that promotes both professional and personal aspirations
- Inclusive and friendly corporate culture with diverse networking opportunities
- Unique opportunity to work with a full range of investment banking products
- Continuous career progression support, managerial development initiatives and mentoring by senior colleagues and leaders
Apply to join the world’s most global bank and discover the true extent of your capabilities!
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Financial Reporting
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs