Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Credit ManagerApply Now Locations: Budapest, Budapest Job Function: Risk Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20214558
This is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the healthy growth of credit portfolio of Citi Commercial Banking, the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Credit Risk Management, Credit Package Preparations, Credit Proposal Review/Approval, Credit Risk Monitoring
- Fully responsible for the Credit Process, Credit Portfolio and Credit Pipeline
- Strong co-operation with other divisions of the Bank, especially with Sales and Risk teams
- Direct report to Commercial Lending Management Head or Team Leader, working in Commercial Bank Business Organization
Key Responsibilities :
- Appropriately assesses risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency. Proper execution of all relevant Credit Policies, Programs and Procedures for the credit process.
- Periodical/initial credit risk reviews of existing, prospect individual clients or group of companies.
- Identifies and analyzes situations that create risk for the Bank, utilizing various resources such as credit reports, score cards, risk systems, and knowledge of the elements of Risk.
- Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information.
- Assumes full responsibility and leadership of parties involved in the credit process, for timely completion of tasks related to the assigned portfolio/pipeline.
- Visits the client premises in person periodically -minimum as required by procedures- to meet the management and to well understand the activity, production phases -if the case- to be facilitated in risk analysis
- Decision making and credit file preparation including but not limited to client risk ratings, management assessment, match of the credit product types, tenors and loan amounts to the purpose of the loan, collateral types and evaluations, special conditions, covenants, financial analysis
- When required, performs as second approver/checker of Credit Applications according to the designated approval limits
- When needed as per procedures, preparation of Greenlight Memorandums together with Sales Team and presenting the drafted credit proposals to required approvers at the Greenlight Meetings
- Continuous assurance of health and appropriateness of the credit clients’ risk profile. Identification of any risk issues regarding the assigned/designated portfolio/pipeline timely. Deciding and planning all the necessary actions needed in cases where deterioration is expected
- Early Warning, Risk Management activities to take the right actions timely to ensure a healthy risk profile, including classification decisions and credit strategy
- Follows the daily local/international market updates and news, follow daily/periodical internal reports and relate them with assigned/designated credit portfolio/pipeline to better analyze and take actions when needed. Maintain necessary controls on daily basis for a healthy portfolio
- Responsible for deciding on and monitoring the remedial strategy of each client classified for closer monitoring
- Responsible for cost of credit
- Prepares for and leads ad-hoc analytical tasks (i.e. portfolio review purposes, stress tests)
- Responsible for on time completion of annual reviews, quarterly credit reviews (when needed), any ad-hoc reviews of existing customers (timely maintenance of maturing credit lines)
- Responsible for targets regarding approval cycle time and number of credit packages that needs to be processed –targets given by Global Office and local management-. Responsible to understand the urgencies and deadlines and comply with the plans agreed with the client. Should set the priority of work-load together with the relevant departments pro-actively and transparently
- Follows the market practice, initiate necessary changes in risk process, procedures and initiate actions for development in relevant areas. Responsible for updates and improvements of credit policy, process, credit tools and procedures
- Maintains credit related data consistency by daily usage of reports, credit tools, etc
- Responsible for getting satisfactory ratings in internal and external audits (Peer Reviews, Post Loan Reviews and Fundamental Credit Reviews, Internal Audits, Central Bank of Europe Audits etc) by ensuring the quality of credit applications.
- Demonstrates/presents own ideas to build awareness and credibility in the organization and obtain and promote his/her credit approval authority in connection with visible success
- Contributes to ad hoc projects and prepares reports requested by Management.
- Quickly transition into participation in all Business Monitoring and Review activities, in addition to supporting the groups on various projects and presentations.
- Completes all tasks –connected to the Bank’s activity but not detailed in the job descriptions – charged by the Local or Global Management and Superiors, with no delays.
- Builds close professional relations with other divisions in the organization
- Mentors Sales Team and any relevant teams to support the quality improvement of credit process
- Responsible for setting a good example, training and coaching of new recruits, more junior staff and interns
- Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership roles within teams.
- Ownership: Owns and leads the end to end credit process, take full risk management responsibility for the assigned/designated portfolio. Plan about every next step to be taken in credit process of portfolio/pipeline assigned.
- Compliance: Ensures that any people management/deputy/leadership related tasks are executed in accordance with Citi policies and procedures, complying with statutory regulations and laws (e.g. recruitment, work orders, managing performance, etc.)
- Engagement: Takes responsibility for sharing workload with the team, helping the others’ works when the pipeline gets de-balanced due to ad-hoc requests
Development Value :
- Being familiar with other divisions of the bank, taking part in professional trainings, obtaining deep market knowledge through customer visits, market researches and getting coaching from senior management through daily connection.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 8-10 years previous credit experience required
- Work experience in Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Computer Science or similar with Credit or financial statement analysis experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and its practical application in the credit underwriting process
- Broad based experience in structuring bilateral credit agreements, knowledge on complex credit products
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources.
- Formal credit training or knowledge of financial accounting standards (international and/or domestic) is beneficial.
- Strong understanding of Commercial Banking Business and Market
- Knowledge of Citi's organization and systems preferred.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience. Degree in Finance, Banking, Accounting or Economics preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills. Any other language skills a plus.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Access, Word, Visio, etc).
- Highly effective negotiation skills, uses appropriate interpersonal and communication skills to gain support for ideas, plans or actions
- Influential leadership
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to read and interpret company financial statements, cash flow, industry and competitive analysis
- Attention to detail
- Excellent planning skills; able to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Written Communications: writes clearly and succinctly; can get messages across that have the desired effect
- Process Management: understands how to separate and combine tasks in to efficient work flow; can see opportunities for synergy and integration; can simplify complex processes
- Adaptive, supportive, positive
- Unquestionable integrity and high moral standards
- Ethics & Values: Demonstrates ethics, integrity and sound judgment in all decisions and actions, and escalates ethics issues as required
- Ability to set priorities and work under pressure in an environment that is productivity driven
- Sense of materiality/immateriality of the tasks to see the big picture and to devote and plan correct timing for each task
- Be positive to absorb responsibilities as a way of development. Be curious to learn more about the organization and colleagues’ strengths to benefit from it
- Resourceful to solve problems and overcome obstacles. Able to get the right support from right source at right time, once needed
- Able to represent the image of the employer corporation when confronting the clients through being well prepared for meetings/calls and asking well thought, sensible questions
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Credit Decisions
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting