Citi Technology Infrastructure Risk Officer
Citi Technology Infrastructure (CTI) provides the products and services that enable Citi's workforce, along with the majority of the financial solutions that Citi's customers rely on. We provide the critical technical foundation for Citi's operations through the infrastructure that runs business and general user computing services. We do this by working as one-team to deliver high quality, reliable and modern infrastructure technologies at the right cost. We drive to optimize the functionality and capability of the infrastructure technologies.
This position is an integral part of Risk Management & Governance actively supporting Citi’s commitment to maintaining an effective control environment. This function encompasses risk governance and reporting, cross border management, embedded control functions and third party management in support CTI’s risk strategy.
- Drive Risk and Controls agenda by supporting the operational managers within CTI by helping to define operating standards and processes to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines and adhere to deadlines for items such as contracts audits, and any risk or compliance requirements
- Able to work on large amounts of data, decipher items relevant to the business area covered, and identify the corresponding risk, all while maintaining data integrity
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of how multiple areas collectively integrate within risk to contribute towards achieving business goals
- Spearhead CTI engagement in internal and external audits and engage in audit remediation efforts minimizing risk through impactful controls
- Build and track metrics, perform gap assessments, and assess key performance indicators to help reach business goals and provide input to senior management regarding opportunities to better handle or mitigate risk through comprehensive risk assessments
- Support Risk and Controls team in disseminating regulatory and policy updates to CTI EMEA entities and assessing the impact of these regulatory and policy changes for entities/countries within the region. This includes performing controls assurance, gap assessments and verifying processes are being adhered to and controls are being executed effectively.
- Support the coordination of internal, external and regulatory audits for CTI EMEA teams to ensure no surprise findings or finding due to lack of communication or management of the audit requests. Liaises with auditors when appropriate
- Support CTI EMEA entities for the governance of legal and regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, Cross-border, Data Privacy and SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) programs.
- Support the risk assessment program within Citi and region including training, governance, oversight and reporting of Management Control Assessments (MCA) and Key risk Indicator (KRI) tests.
- Enhance and develop processes and solutions to improve efficiency and quality of delivery whilst strengthening the control foundation that supports our clients. Identify opportunities to streamline and look for continuous improvements to our processes
- Maintain professional oversight of identification and remediation of issues ensuring the corrective action plans relating to both self-identified and audit issues contain the appropriate level of quality and adhere to IBAM criteria (issue being addressed by management).
- Support other Risk & Controls staff including regional and global clients in performing ad hoc control assessment activities to evaluate risk management activities within the region.
- Ensure that accurate and timely data provided for the risk and controls reports and decks including regional / global management metrics tracking, and preparing and verifying data for reports.
- Identify key metrics (e.g. KRI (Key Risk Indicator) / KPIs (Key Performance Indicator)) to support effective management of operational risk within the region. Utilize the relevant tools to provide drive the culture of controls to identify issues through reported metrics, trends, and controls assurance and ensure corrective actions are raised to address gaps.
- Work collaboratively with the CTI EMEA Risk and Control Department to develop and execute the strategy for CTI EMEA Risk and Controls. This includes driving our supported teams across CTI towards an Audit Ready/ Regulator Ready state, where processes and key risks are well understood and controls to manage risks are fully implemented and measured.
- Engage with global teams and risk management teams on key control issues.
- Designs and develops controls to ensure that CTI EMEA functional entities are meeting strategic goals
- Assistance to the CTI EMEA RCM in management issues on an ad hoc basis.
Stakeholder Management and People Responsibilities
- Act as a trusted partner alongside various CTI business senior management to identify risk within the organization, build strategic plans, and drive process improvements to mitigate risk
- Use diplomacy and communication skillset to engage parties in robust dialogue to remediate potential risk
- Ensure management awareness regarding all legal and regulatory compliance issues and build standardized tools and processes to support the function
- Directly impact the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams by providing mentoring and training to junior members of the team
- Strive towards self-development by building and following personal improvement plans based on discussions with management
Core Role Competencies
- Project Management: Experience leading projects or programs across multiple technical domains, business sectors and/or functions. Lays out a thorough schedule, uses achievements to track and handle the progress, looks for obstacles and develops contingency plans.
- Technical Knowledge: Uses general knowledge of technology and standard principles within specialty area(s) to work on a number of platforms or systems. Competent with standard tools. Supports and operates at a basic level.
- Processes / Procedures: Considers the whole system - reviews the data (qualitative and quantitative information), and identifies activities, applies validated methodologies for business process improvement, and designs processes and procedures that allow leading from a distance.
- Risk Management: Leads work and information within a strategic framework. Aligns efforts considering individual, functional, CTI and Citi strategies. Collaborates with partners and users to gain insights. Advises others on policy matters.
- Execution Excellence: Gets involved in a project or initiative that has many actions and uncompromising time frames. Follows through on commitments and takes ownership to ensure that others follow through as well.
- Managing Innovation: Identifies assumptions and sees alternative ways to view or define problems. Is not constrained by thoughts or approaches of others. Views situations from multiple perspectives; brainstorms multiple approaches and solutions and can take a creative idea and put it into practice.
- Organization Change Management: Adapts quickly to changing conditions. Facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace. Focuses on the long-term good of the change; able to clearly explain the effects of changes, supports others who are experiencing difficulty of the change. Provides opportunities for others to ask questions and make suggestions about change efforts. Handles complexity.
- Stakeholder Management: Understands diverse partner needs and tailors team deliverables accordingly. Removes barriers, and focuses team efforts on delivering quality, enabling our customers. Is a role model to others. Acts as a liaison between and across the partner network. Takes the initiative to share and influence partner expectations.
- Effective Communication: Leads communications on major change / initiative. Evidence of careful planning of the strategic messages, writing of presentation/report, consideration of challenging messages that need to be conveyed, and execution of that plan to achieve desired outcome. Keeps audience engaged and frames message in line with audience experience, background, and expectation.
- Problem Solving and Decision-Making: Actively seeks input from pertinent sources to make timely and well-informed decisions. Makes high-quality decisions in spite of uncertainty or with incomplete information. Diagnoses complex problems, resolves non routine problems with large impact, working well in stressful situations. Understands the bigger picture, and is able to balance speed and quality to make appropriate decisions allowing teams to move ahead.
- Knowledge of Citigroup processes and systems
- Knowledge of Risk Management activities in global financial services organization
- Exposure to corporate strategic initiatives
- Audit activities in a mature operating environment
- Knowledge of CTI relevant risk and control and legal / regulatory requirements with a regional and global view
- Regional and global understanding of Citi Technology infrastructure
- Project management skills
Knowledge and Experience:
- In-depth Knowledge and understanding of multiple key technology infrastructure area
- Understanding of Controls environment, Risk based thinking and Information security principles
- 5+ years of experience supporting technology and risk and controls functions
- Audit experience is essential
- Strong risk management background in a multi-national financial organization
- Degree preferred.
- Experience of the reporting at a project / senior management level
- Professional IT or Risk qualification. CISA , CISM and/or CRISC [Preferred]
- Or relevant leadership or operational experience.
- High level of proficiency with all MS Office products
- Excellent interpersonal and written skills
- Strong work ethic and excellent use of discretion and judgment.
- Strong organizational ability.
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to build strong relationships between businesses and across countries.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
- The candidate will need to be a self-starter. Work will have to be of a consistently high nature with a focus on timely and accurate delivery of information and reports.
- Take responsibility for ensuring things are done, overcoming obstacles and challenges.
- Ability to influence staff and team members
- Ensuring work is completed accurately and within time frames set.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to manage extremely aggressive time frames
- Flexibility to adapt to changing demands and priorities.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs