Citi Technology Infrastructure Risk Officer - VP
Citi Technology Infrastructure (CTI) provides the products and services that enable Citi's workforce, along with the majority of the financial solutions that Citi's customers rely on. We provide the critical technical foundation for Citi's operations through the infrastructure that runs business and general user computing services. We do this by working as one-team to deliver high quality, reliable and modern infrastructure technologies at the right cost. We drive to optimize the functionality and capability of the infrastructure technologies.
This position is an integral part of Risk Management & Governance actively supporting Citi’s commitment to maintaining an effective control environment. This function encompasses risk governance and reporting, cross border management, embedded control functions and third party management in support CTI’s risk strategy.
- Drive Risk and Controls agenda by supporting the operational managers within CTI by helping to define operating standards and processes to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines and adhere to deadlines for items such as contracts audits, and any risk or compliance requirements
- Able to analyze large amounts of data, decipher items relevant to the business area covered, and determine the corresponding risk, all while maintaining data integrity
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of how multiple areas collectively integrate within risk to contribute towards achieving business objectives
- Spearhead CTI engagement in internal and external audits and actively engage in audit remediation efforts minimizing risk through impactful controls
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve the risk management and identify the emerging risks and needs within the region like global CTI impact on region/countries
- Lead and oversight all CTI EMEA Risk governance key initiatives.
- Support Risk and Control team in all Risk Governance subjects and identifying the generic issues (process gaps, lack fomented process or guidance etc) in CTI EMEA region and working on remediation per the agreed prioritization.
- Maintains a professional oversight of risk and control processes for entities
- Work collaboratively with the CTI EMEA Risk Management team to develop and execute the strategy for the Risk and Controls department
- Manages oversight of the effective disclosure, recognition and subsequent closure of control issues within the entities supported.
- Attend operational management meetings as required for the entities supported.
- Design and develop controls for CTI to ensure that CTI EMEA entities are meeting strategic goals
- When required engage with global teams and risk management teams on key control issues.
- Continually seek to leverage process improvement opportunities
- Work with the various Global and Regional Risk and Control heads to ensure a robust operational risk framework is embedded for all the represented functions in the Budapest Centre
- Provide input to the CTI Risk and Control Management Meetings on an ad hoc basis.
- Provide guidance to Risk Managers and Risk Analysts on the issues root cause identification and developing a remediation plan for the systemic issues.
- Support the team developing process documented for the required subjects/tasks.
- Encourages self-identification of issues. Apply knowledge of Information Technology Management Policies & Standards and general process areas to coordinate the effective review of the entities operating processes and process control manuals (PCM). Reports results and presents recommendations for improvement to management.
- Continually seek to leverage process improvement opportunities
- Assistance to the CTI EMEA RCM in management issues on an ad hoc basis.
- Designs and develops controls to ensure that CTI EMEA functional entities are meeting strategic goals
Stakeholder Management and People Responsibilities
- Act as a trusted partner alongside various CTI business leaders to identify risk within the organization, build strategic plans, and drive process improvements to mitigate risk
- Use diplomacy and communication skillset to actively engage parties in robust dialogue to remediate potential risk
- Ensure management awareness regarding all legal and regulatory compliance issues and build standardized tools and processes to support the function
- Directly impact the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams by providing mentoring and training to junior members of the team
- Actively strive towards self-development by building and following personal improvement plans based on discussions with management
Core Role Competencies
- Project Management: Experience leading projects or programs across multiple technical domains, business sectors and/or functions. Lays out a thorough schedule, uses achievements to track and handle the progress, looks for obstacles and develops contingency plans.
- Technical Knowledge: Uses general knowledge of technology and standard principles within specialty area(s) to work on a number of platforms or systems. Competent with standard tools. Supports and operates at a basic level.
- Processes / Procedures: Considers the whole system - reviews the data (qualitative and quantitative information), and identifies activities, applies validated methodologies for business process improvement, and designs processes and procedures that allow leading from a distance.
- Risk Management: Leads work and information within a strategic framework. Aligns efforts considering individual, functional, CTI and Citi strategies. Collaborates with partners and users to gain insights. Advises others on policy matters.
- Execution Excellence: Gets involved in a project or initiative that has many actions and uncompromising time frames. Follows through on commitments and takes ownership to ensure that others follow through as well.
- Managing Innovation: Identifies assumptions and sees alternative ways to view or define problems. Is not constrained by thoughts or approaches of others. Views situations from multiple perspectives; brainstorms multiple approaches and solutions and can take a creative idea and put it into practice.
- Organization Change Management: Adapts quickly to changing conditions. Facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace. Focuses on the long-term good of the change; able to clearly explain the effects of changes, supports others who are experiencing difficulty of the change. Provides opportunities for others to ask questions and make suggestions about change efforts. Handles complexity.
- Stakeholder Management: Understands diverse partner needs and tailors team deliverables accordingly. Removes barriers, and focuses team efforts on delivering quality, enabling our customers. Is a role model to others. Acts as a liaison between and across the partner network. Takes the initiative to share and influence partner expectations.
- Effective Communication: Leads communications on major change / initiative. Evidence of careful planning of the strategic messages, writing of presentation/report, consideration of challenging messages that need to be conveyed, and execution of that plan to achieve desired outcome. Keeps audience engaged and frames message in line with audience experience, background, and expectation.
- Problem Solving and Decision-Making: Actively seeks input from pertinent sources to make timely and well-informed decisions. Makes high-quality decisions in spite of uncertainty or with incomplete information. Diagnoses complex problems, resolves non routine problems with large impact, working well in stressful situations. Understands the bigger picture, and is able to balance speed and quality to make appropriate decisions allowing teams to move ahead
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs