Citi Technology Infrastructure - Regulatory Risk Officer
Citi Technology Infrastructure (CTI) provides the products and services that enable Citi's workforce, along with the majority of the financial solutions that Citi's customers rely on. We provide the critical technical foundation for Citi's operations through the infrastructure that runs business and general user computing services. We do this by working as one-team to deliver high quality, reliable and modern infrastructure technologies at the right cost. We drive to optimize the functionality and capability of the infrastructure technologies.
This position is an integral part of Risk Management & Governance actively supporting Citi’s commitment to maintaining an effective control environment. This function encompasses risk governance and reporting, cross border management, embedded control functions and third party management in support CTI’s risk strategy.
- Provide support for Legal / regulatory requirements for CTI EMEA, including but not limited to disseminating regulatory updates to the relevant teams, assessing the impact of the regulatory changes, ensuring the proper controls for the regulatory requirements, supporting the Cross border, Data Privacy and SOX programs
- Engages effectively with Internal Audit / External auditors in audit planning, fieldwork, business monitoring, and MCA (Managers Control Assessment)
- Drive Risk and Controls agenda by supporting the operational managers within CTI by helping to define operating standards and processes to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines and adhere to deadlines for items such as contracts audits, and any risk or compliance requirements
- Able to analyze large amounts of data, decipher items relevant to the business area covered, and determine the corresponding risk, all while maintaining data integrity
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of how multiple areas collectively integrate within risk to contribute towards achieving business objectives
- Spearhead CTI engagement in internal and external audits and actively engage in audit remediation efforts minimizing risk through impactful controls
- Build and track metrics, perform gap analysis, and analyze key performance indicators to help reach business goals and provide input to senior leadership regarding opportunities to better handle or mitigate risk through comprehensive risk assessments
- Works collaboratively with the CTI EMEA Risk and Control Department to develop and execute the strategy for CTI EMEA Risk and Controls. This includes driving our supported teams across CTI towards an Audit Ready/ Regulator Ready state, where processes and key risks are well understood and controls to manage risks are fully implemented and measured.
- Liaises with internal and external auditors when appropriate
- Maintains a professional oversight of issue remediation activity for entities within the assigned area.
- Manages oversight of the effective disclosure, recognition and subsequent closure of control issues within the entities supported.
- Encourages self-identification of issues. Apply knowledge of CITMP/S and general process areas to coordinate the effective review of the entities operating processes and process control manuals (PCM). Reports results and presents recommendations for improvement to management.
- Attend operational management meetings as required for the entities supported.
- Engages with global teams and risk management teams on key control issues.
- Designs and develops controls to ensure that CTI EMEA functional entities are meeting strategic goals
- Develop and maintain KPIs to track progress against strategic goals
- Continually seek to leverage process improvement opportunities
- Work collaboratively with the CTI EMEA Risk Management team to develop and execute the strategy for the Risk and Controls department
- Work with the various Global and Regional Risk and Control heads to ensure a robust operational risk framework is embedded for all the represented functions in the Budapest Centre
- Assistance to the CTI EMEA RCM in management issues on an ad hoc basis.
Stakeholder Management and People Responsibilities
- Act as a trusted partner alongside various CTI business leaders to identify risk within the organization, build strategic plans, and drive process improvements to mitigate risk
- Use diplomacy and communication skillset to actively engage parties in robust dialogue to remediate potential risk
- Ensure management awareness regarding all legal and regulatory compliance issues and build standardized tools and processes to support the function
- Directly impact the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams by providing mentoring and training to junior members of the team
- Actively strive towards self-development by building and following personal improvement plans based on discussions with management
Core Role Competencies
- Technical Knowledge: Uses general knowledge of technology and standard principles within specialty area(s) to work on a number of platforms or systems. Competent with standard tools. Supports and operates at a basic level.
- Processes / Procedures: Considers the whole system - reviews the data (qualitative and quantitative information), and identifies activities, applies validated methodologies for business process improvement, and designs processes and procedures that allow leading from a distance.
- Risk Management: Leads work and information within a strategic framework. Aligns efforts considering individual, functional, CTI and Citi strategies. Collaborates with partners and users to gain insights. Advises others on policy matters.
- Execution Excellence: Gets involved in a project or initiative that has many actions and uncompromising time frames. Follows through on commitments and takes ownership to ensure that others follow through as well.
- Managing Innovation: Identifies assumptions and sees alternative ways to view or define problems. Is not constrained by thoughts or approaches of others. Views situations from multiple perspectives; brainstorms multiple approaches and solutions and can take a creative idea and put it into practice.
- Stakeholder Management: Understands diverse partner needs and tailors team deliverables accordingly. Removes barriers, and focuses team efforts on delivering quality, enabling our customers. Is a role model to others. Acts as a liaison between and across the partner network. Takes the initiative to share and influence partner expectations.
- Effective Communication: Leads communications on major change / initiative. Evidence of careful planning of the strategic messages, writing of presentation/report, consideration of challenging messages that need to be conveyed, and execution of that plan to achieve desired outcome. Keeps audience engaged and frames message in line with audience experience, background, and expectation.
- Problem Solving and Decision-Making: Actively seeks input from pertinent sources to make timely and well-informed decisions. Makes high-quality decisions in spite of uncertainty or with incomplete information. Diagnoses complex problems, resolves non routine problems with large impact, working well in stressful situations. Understands the bigger picture, and is able to balance speed and quality to make appropriate decisions allowing teams to move ahead.
Knowledge and Experience
- In-depth Knowledge and understanding of at least one key technology infrastructure area
- Experience of working with Information Technology Management Procedures and Standards
- Process and procedures, including document control
- Audit experience is essential
- Strong risk management background in a multi-national financial organization
- High level of proficiency with all MS Office products
- Excellent interpersonal and written skills
- Team leader and contributor
- Strong work ethic and excellent use of discretion and judgment.
- Strong organizational ability.
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to build strong relationships between businesses and across countries.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
- Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience of the reporting and analysis at a project / senior management level
- Professional IT or Risk qualification. CRISC [Preferred], CISA, CISM and/or CISSP
- Audit qualification preferred
- Or relevant leadership or project management/operational experience.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs