Compl Assurance Sr Analyst - Swap Dealer & Volcker
Serves as a senior compliance risk analyst for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM)’s Assurance team responsible for assessing compliance risks and controls implemented by the first and second line of defense. Also responsible for performing risk assessments of Citi's compliance risks; performing independent assurance activities (testing and on-going monitoring) to assess the design and effectiveness of key controls designed to address compliance risk; reporting and escalating control issues and any violations of laws or breaches of policy; and validating adequacy of remediation taken to address reported issues.
- Developing, implementing, and executing compliance testing, continuous assurance, and reporting programs within an assigned region in accordance with the Compliance Assurance (CA) Plan.
- Participating in the planning, executing, and reporting of compliance assurance reviews and compliance and regulatory issue validation activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity within an assigned region in accordance with CA Plan.
- Executing compliance controls testing, transactional testing, or compliance controls monitoring activities based on the pre-defined testing plan.
- Documenting findings and report to the Compliance Assurance management team.
- Assisting with development of Compliance Assurance Risk Assessments, Monitoring Monthly, and Quarterly Summaries and development and enhancement of the Compliance Assurance and Internal Audit Methodologies and Standards for auditing, testing, monitoring, and reporting.
- Utilizing innovative compliance testing solutions including Data Analytics to increase value and reduce costs of compliance-related activities.
- Developing effective relationships within CA function and with other stakeholders including business and technology process owners, and Internal Audit function.
- Promoting knowledge sharing and promulgation of best practices across ICRM and the business.
- Monitoring the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
- Informing CA management of significant compliance matters that require their attention or action.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Experience with auditing principles including audit planning, risk assessments, development of risks and controls matrices, processes and controls design assessments, controls operating effectiveness testing, transactional testing, and reporting activities.
- Experience in planning, executing, and reporting on compliance testing reviews and regulatory issue validation activities
- Extensive global compliance and audit related experience, and strong knowledge of business processes.
- Exhibit project management, interpersonal, sound decision making, and intuitive thinking skills.
- Understanding of rules, laws, and regulations, and specific regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills for building strong relationships with stakeholders and engaging teams.
- Effectiveness in working within a large scale and complex matrix organization is essential.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills in interacting with non-executives and executive management and across a number of business lines and control functions.
- Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
- Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
- Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge in area of focus
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus; Advanced degree a plus
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs