Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Junior Banker / Team BankerApply Now Locations: Bertrange, Luxembourg Job Function: Banking Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19011437
The Junior Banker Sr. is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Work in partnership with the Private Bankers on the team, predominantly the team leader, to provide excellent client service and prospecting support.
- The role works closely with clients, prospects and Private Bankers as well as all product partners, to provide a high level of sales and product experience and support the banker in all aspects of marketing, prospecting, presentation preparations, reporting and regulatory requirements. Solid knowledge of bank products and regulatory requirements as well as excellent contact and communication skills are critical.
- Assist bankers and clients in all related matters with a particular focus on:
- Work in partnership with the Private Banker team to address the financial needs and expectations of the client.
- Exceed client expectations by thoroughly understanding problems and providing creative solutions.
- Maintain close contact with clients in conjunction with the Private Bankers.
- Provide direct and indirect sales support to the Private Bankers through joint calls and work closely with product specialists to implement client decisions as well as ensuring after-sales follow-up.
- Partner with Private Bankers to develop comprehensive understanding of client needs and to assist the Private Bankers in formulating and executing specific account strategies, proposing solutions and negotiating standard transactions.
- Provide innovative support in marketing strategies.
- Assist the Private Bankers in executing sales strategies for formulating strategies, if required.
- Work with specialists and support team in conjunction with Private Banker to implement client decisions.
- Participate in client meetings and account reviews to understand the clients’ requirements if needed.
- Prepare client pitches and assist in portfolio reviews.
- Assist bankers to research potential target market clients and work with the Private Banker and business development team on strategies to convert these prospects.
- Pro-actively work on prospecting in co-ordination with Private Bankers and Product partners.
- Projects for the GMM/Team leader as required
- Work with the Associate Banker to assist with the execution of transactions across the broad array of Citi products.
- Work with clients and Private Bankers, On-boarding team, Associate Bankers and Client Services team to facilitate account opening and completion of the mandatory documentation especially in KYC and AML.
- Capture and maintain client information.
- Assist in client relationship management, e.g. updating the pipeline, logging call reports.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements in line with the policies of the Private Bank.
- Monitor and adapt to changes in business processes and policies.
- Identify ways to streamline internal processes to make them more efficient.
- Maintain learning program through internal courses and external certifications.
- Prepare and co-ordinate prospect presentations.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Fluent English and Greek language skills
- Extensive and proven experience in Private Banking having covered the UHNW market / Extensive experience in working with and/or leading client teams and transactions / Demonstrated track record in relationship selling
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of all Citi Private Bank banking and product systems, platforms, tools and capabilities.
- Pro-active, initiative and driven / Excellent communication skills, written and verbal / Excellent relationship building skills (with clients, and across hierarchical levels and other functions)
- Numerate, analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills / Ability to challenge status quo and continuously optimize processes and tasks in own area of responsibility / Ability to build effective working relationships across hierarchal levels
- Regulated role with applicable/mandatory qualifications and/or licenses / RDR compliant, where relevant.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - LU
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.