The Investment Counsellor (IC) Principal is a strategic professional who, in partnership with other member of the relationship management team, will have direct contact with our clients. They will be expected to match each client’s long term investment needs to our investment platform. A history of working across teams and engaging with a broad variety of clients and end-users will be important. The successful client will have an enthusiasm for markets and geo-politics and how economic trends are impacting investment opportunities. Evidence of similar skills within their existing field and adapting them for application within their own job and business would be helpful, ideally as a recognized subject matter expert within one area. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Successful ICs are able to construct a rigorous investment plan and share that with clients through strong communication skills and authority. They will need to regularly present and update clients with sensitivity and manage client expectations in a positive way. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level, and externally with forthright clients. They will provide advanced judgment and conducts in-depth quantitative or qualitative analysis to solve problems and develop new, innovative solutions. Having all the answers is not necessary, but identifying the right questions, and seeking out answers from the significant resources around you proactively is critical. Required to think beyond existing solutions, assumptions or current knowledge of sophisticated areas. Significant impact on a function and/or the business through making decisions that determine technical approaches and strategies for the area. Citi Private Bank’s objective is to further enhance its ability to build relationships with, and service the investment needs of ultra-high net worth clients globally. A positive mindset and a willingness to engage in activities beyond day-to-day responsibilities is an important part of excelling in the roll.
- Investment counsellors joining Citi Private Bank will be distinguished and highly accomplished at establishing, growing and managing investment relationships with ultra-high net worth clients.They should be experienced in the implementation and oversight of investment solutions, and in providing advice and guidance on markets and actionable investment ideas. Appropriate candidates will possess the credibility to cultivate trusting relationships with existing ultra-high net worth clients of Citi Private Bank, and should be entrepreneurial and capable of bringing in new clients/investment relationships. Candidates for the position should be collaborative and team oriented, able to leverage a wide array of internal partners.
- Leverage existing client relationships, local network and investment experience to introduce new ultra-high net worth clients to Citi Private Bank.
- Build and manage a successful practice centered on deepening relationships by providing potential and existing clients with appropriate investment advice and solutions.
- Combine in depth knowledge of traditional and alternative investments with wealth planning and private banking services to optimize client service and cross-marketing opportunities.
- Work across currencies, asset classes, markets and jurisdictions
- Engage and advise clients on brokerage activity and execute trades seamlessly.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 15+ years of experience
- Extensive experience in providing investment advice and solutions.
- CFA, MBA degree or other advanced degree a plus.
- Requires advanced judgment and conducts in-depth analysis to solve problems and develop new, innovative solutions. Required to think beyond existing solutions,assumptions or current knowledge of sophisticated areas.ated areas.
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This Role is a “Controlled Function” Role as defined by the Central Bank of Ireland Reform Act 2010 and Principal Regulations 2011, and amending Regulations 2014, 2015.
Job Family Group:Private Client Product Services
Job Family:Investment Counselor
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs