Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Investment CounselorApply Now Locations: Bertrange, Luxembourg Job Function: Private Client Product Services Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19116147
The Investment Counselor Lead is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness.There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.The Private Bank at Citi (CPB) is part of the Institutional Clients Group and offers a wide range of products and solutions, including investment strategies, banking and lending, trust and specialized services.The Private Bank delivers solutions to help meet the individual, family and business needs of over 10,000 ultra-high net worth clients around the world. The Private Bank is focused on clients with a minimum net worth of $25mm and serves 40% of the world’s billionaires and their families.
To service clients by the provision of investment advice, in partnership with Private Bankers, with the objective of delivering agreed goals within the overall framework of the CPB business strategy and operating model.
- Looking after clients with a minimum net worth of $50 million
- Direct coverage of 30-50 Clients
- Directly serviced investment AUMs - Min $200 million
- Working towards agreed revenue targets
- Take responsibility and ownership for client investment relationships.
- Provide superior advice on markets, products, and asset allocation.
- Promote new products and managers and comprehensively monitor existing ones
- Travel required
- Effectively ensures that client’s risk profiles (IOS) are in line with current clients positions
- Fully recognizes, regardless of size or complexity, the changes in client's environment which may present opportunities or potential threats
- Displays broad base of execution skills, having successfully completed a range of complex transactions
- Demonstrates strong creative and interpersonal skills coupled with an entrepreneurial spirit and selling skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients.
- German language essential (and proficiency of other European languages a plus)
- Successful team worker with ability to work individually
- Ability to work under stress in possibly volatile market conditions
- Possess high level of professionalism and strong personal integrity
- High level of competence in Bloomberg, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong creative and interpersonal skills coupled with an entrepreneurial spirit and selling skills
- Possesses a broad base of execution skills, having successfully completed a range of complex transactions with bankers
- Extensive experience of the financial industry
- Extensive investment and banking product knowledge especially in the UK and European markets.
- Solid knowledge in asset allocation process, trading (equity, FX, fixed income and derivatives) and managed investments.
- Knowledge of Citigroup's investment offering is preferred
- Postgraduate Degree Educated or equivalent preferred, however exceptional candidates with relevant experience will be considered
- CFA or equivalent registration preferred
- Analytical Ability
- Communication Skills
- Decision Making
- Drive and Determination
- Influencing Skills / Persuasiveness
- Initiative / Innovation
- Relationship Building
- Risk Awareness
- Team player
- Valuing Diversity:
- Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce.
- Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - LU
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.