Cross Asset Specialist - Director
The Cross Asset Specialist will show in-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses.
- The candidate chosen will be expected to lead produce growth in investment revenue and AUMs with Ultra High Net Worth clients. Experienced in constructing and overseeing tactical investment portfolios as well as in delivering advice and guidance on markets and actionable investment ideas. Credibility to cultivate trusting, productive relationships with key partners throughout CPB and the wider Citi. They will be entrepreneurial and capable of bringing in new clients as well generating revenue from tactical trading strategies. They will have an exceptional understanding of, and ability to communicate, the full range of investment themes, products and services Citi Private Bank offers to clients
- Implement a tactical advisory approach to account planning, focusing on the trading relationship in partnership with the IC and Banker
- Sound knowledge and understanding of capital markets in order to provide high quality tactical advice and execution to direct to desk clients
- Actively look for cross sell opportunities in others areas of the capital markets group
- Partner with Bankers and ICs to prospect for new investment business
- Understand the investment needs of assigned clients (i.e. return expectation, risk appetite, time horizon, liquidity needs, etc.) and ensure that positions are in line with client risk profiles.
- Observe suitability and credit polices at the point of client transactions for trade approval
- Provide direct and active ongoing portfolio advice to assigned client
- Uncover needs that are not clearly expressed by the client
- Be able to advise and influence clients, overcome objections and demonstrate the confidence to close significant business.
- Lead investment discussions and presentations in one-on-one settings, in small groups, and with larger audiences.
- Communicate complex technical details in a manner that is easily understood and consistent with the level of sophistication of the client or sales team member
- Demonstrates resilience and ability to thrive and deliver results in a high pressure, global, rapidly changing and often ambiguous environment
- The candidate will exemplify the highest standards of conduct in all their professional activities and will faithfully observe the letter and spirit of Citi’s policies and principles.
- Knowledge of and ability to communicate capital markets strategies (equity, fixed income, FX derivatives, rates, credit, structured products) with clients.
- Display broad base of execution skills, having successfully completed a range of complex capital markets transactions; able to place trades on behalf of the client
- Ability to distill Citi research into a coherent theme, trend or trade idea and interpret markets from both a sentiment and valuation context
- Understand what drives valuation in different asset classes – FX, equities, credit, rates
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of experience
- Extensive experience in providing tactical investment advice and solutions as well as managerial experience.
- CFA, MBA degree or other advance degree a plus
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This Role is a “Controlled Function” Role as defined by the Central Bank of Ireland Reform Act 2010 and Principal Regulations 2011, and amending Regulations 2014, 2015.
Job Family Group:Private Client Product Services
Job Family:Investment Counselor
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs