Finance Reporting Sr. Analyst
Citi has had a presence in Luxembourg since 1970 thereby being the U.S.-headquartered bank with the longest uninterrupted presence in the country. Today Citi Luxembourg has over 200 employees representing 27 nationalities. Citi Luxembourg operates within Citi Private Bank, Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory (BCMA), Custody and Funds Services, Markets and Security Services and Treasury and Trade Solutions.
Finance Reporting Sr. Analyst is a key control role in the Finance function, working closely with the wider finance team in BENELUX, Austria, Germany and across Continental Europe.
The key to success in this role is ability to work efficiently using digital tools and coordinate across businesses, functions and various Service Centres supporting Luxembourg from Mumbai, Manila, Warsaw, Budapest, Dublin, London, and the U.S.
Act as a trusted member of Luxembourg Finance team and partner with BENELUX, Austria and Germany Cluster Controllers, business and other functions to deliver the best support within the following areas of responsibility:
- Local Regulatory Reporting & Tax
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of financial, regulatory and tax reporting for Luxembourg
- Oversee central bank regulatory reporting and help in the implementation of any new local reporting requirement using digital solutions
- Take proactive approach in working with regional tax team as well as local tax advisors to ensure most optimal outcome on tax reporting and compliance (Luxembourg and US)
- Oversee audited statutory accounts preparation and ensure compliance with IFRS
- Support with all internal, external, and regulatory audit reviews
- Controls and Governance
- Contribute to sound controls and governance environment
- Deliver a strong control environment and Quarterly Risk Assessments (QRA)
- Ensure compliance with accounting directives, guidance, and policies
- Efficiently implement new initiatives to comply with Citi internal control requirements
- Enhance controls and integrity around manual data processes and sources
- Engage with various service centres to enhance efficiencies in the reporting process
- Legal Entity Management
- Support in the management of Luxembourg legal entities
- Coordinate timely reporting of events in Citi Legal Entity Management System
- Monitor compliance with legal entity management activities and controls
- Support management of finance owned third party supplier relationship and balance sheet substantiation
- Participate and contribute to all relevant local and regional projects
- Champion progress in innovation and digitalization solutions
- Be a member of top tier Finance function in one of the world’s leading banks and business partner to country management teams gaining experience working with high performing business professionals, subject matter experts within different disciplines in finance and banking and doing it within global organization.
- As Finance specialist you will get exposure and experience from broad range of business activities, while simultaneously building a strong theoretical and technical knowledge over bank products, accounting, taxation, and reporting.
- Within a global organization the candidate gets to interact with finance specialists around the world daily basis, and successful and ambitious candidates can apply internally to another Citi location globally given all necessary criteria are met.
- Knowledge of accounting principles (US or IFRS an advantage)
- Knowledge of Regulatory Reporting (US and/or European an advantage)
- Knowledge of banking products and financial instruments an advantage
- Experience working with offshored teams and outsourced activities
- Practical experience with Finance/Audit processes using advanced technologies/digital solutions
- Strong time management and prioritization skills, able to coordinate and manage across multiple deliverables
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Team player and very good interactive communication skills
- Reengineering, project management, process change skills and ability to develop innovative, yet pragmatic solutions and approaches that "fit" the environment
- Ability to engage subject matter experts (internal and external) to address and resolve issues
- Ability to adapt to new technologies quickly
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications
- English (French language skills an advantage)
- Minimum Bachelors’ degree
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent an advantage
- Experience in Finance/ Audit function preferred
- An energetic and highly motivated self-starter with an assertive character, a hands-on approach and who aspires to being a key contributor in a dynamic team environment of professionals
- Strong interpersonal and management skills essential
- A pro-active decision maker who can champion Finance initiatives to successful conclusion
- Displays clear accountability and ownership of tasks and responsibilities
During the recruitment process, we may ask for a recent copy of your criminal record
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Controllers Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs