Vice President - Audit Manager
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citi Institutional Client Group (ICG) provides world-class products and financing solutions for corporations, governments, and institutional investors through dominant underwriting, sales and trading, and distribution capabilities. ICG Operations is a key support and control partner to the business, providing operational support to all trading areas across a number of sites globally.
The ICG Markets Operations Internal Audit team is responsible for coverage of key operational processes, including settlements (e.g. FX, equity, fixed income and OTC transactions), payments, corporate actions and margining. Additionally, other critical operations functions such as reconciliations, reference data management and regulatory reporting is covered within the team's portfolio.
The Audit Manager is an intermediate level role responsible for managing complex and critical audits and assessments of Citi’s risk and control environments in coordination with the Internal Audit team. The overall objective is to ensure the firm meets audit standards and regulations in partnership with business leaders and execute audit plans.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation as well as risk assessments, business monitoring and governance committee reporting;
- Manages audit activities for ICG Markets Operations at the global, regional or country level;
- Applies in-depth level of expertise in one or more of the corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role;
- Proactively monitors industry developments, new laws, rules and products, and considers implications for the business and audit universe / plan;
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology;
- Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of relevant high risk areas;
- Develops effective senior line management relationships, establishing a culture of engagement while adding value;
- Build and sustain effective contacts and relationships with colleagues through effective teamwork, developing a strong understanding of the business and innovative thinking;
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives;
- Finalize audit findings and uses judgment to provide an overall opinion on and identifying opportunities for improvement on the control environment;
- Recommends appropriate interventions where needed. Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems;
- Serves as lead reviewer for all types of audits covering the ICG businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies;
- Effectively manage audit teams, performing timely review and providing honest and constructive feedback.
- Significant experience in a related role;
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) preferred;
- Demonstrated successful experience in business, functional and people management;
- Proven ability to execute concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables according to strict timetables;
- Demonstrated ability to implement continuous improvement and innovation in audit tools and techniques;
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication;
- Demonstrated ability to remain unbiased in a diverse working environment;
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
What we Offer:
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Job Family Group:Internal Audit
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs