Transformation Lead - Credit Risk Regulatory Change (Hybrid)
Belfast, United Kingdom| Dublin, Ireland| Budapest, Hungary| Sofia, Bulgaria| Prague, Czechia| Warsaw, PolandJob Req ID 22563551
Citi is undergoing a Transformation to modernize and simplify the bank. We’re raising the bar and taking the opportunity to reevaluate the way we do business. This includes fostering a culture of curiosity and excellence and shifting our mindset to be simpler and data driven, making Citi an easier place to work and improving client experience. If you’re ready to be at the forefront of Transformation while taking your career to the next level, we invite you to come and join us!
As one of the world’s most global banks, Citi gives you the tools to make a difference. Through Transformation, we’re building the future of the bank and shaping the banking industry. Citi employs over 220,000 individuals located around the world, encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, cultures and backgrounds. Some of the skills that will make you successful in this role include:
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Credible Challenge
- Risk Management
- Data and Results Driven
Citi continues to enhance its business control and governance framework by building out Institutional Credit Management (ICM), a new function in the 1st Line of Defense, to house and consistently manage Credit Risk activities performed across its Institutional Client Group organization.
Institutional Credit Management (ICM) was established with the objective to provide an integrated “end-to-end” credit underwriting, identification, measurement, management and monitoring for wholesale credit businesses across the enterprise.
The Transformation Lead will report into the Head of Regulatory Transformation in ICM and will focus on the coordination of cross ICG Wholesale Credit Risk (WCR) remediation efforts. This will also include leading / assisting in PMO resource management for other strategic ICM initiatives and partnering with our Issues Management group as required.
This is an exciting opportunity for a practically minded professional with excellent knowledge of Program Management principles and a track record of their successful application in the Financial Industry.
TheTransformation Lead - Credit Risk Regulatory Change will be working closely with the wider ICM teams, first and second line teams, Business Managers, Control teams, as well as partner areas such as Operations and Technology.
- Opportunity to widen your knowledge of the investment banking industry and the products traded
- Chance to build an exceptional global network of professionals across multiple institutional lending businesses, operations teams, technology teams and 2nd line functions, including Finance and Risk
- Long-term career path across geographies and business lines
- Competitive compensation package and benefits
- Flexible work arrangements
- Executes strategic direction and provides feedback with respect to initiative or program creation, alignment to business goals, stakeholder management, executive communications and so on.
- Builds and manages relationships with key stakeholders, organizations and business heads
- Collaborates with stakeholders to ensure program scope definition meets business objectives. Identifies and drives resolution of issues, including those outside established programs of work as needed
- Manages the identification of risks that impact program delivery, and develops and drives mitigation strategies when necessary.
- Plans and coordinates day-to-day activities of running a program or workstreams
- Executes change control effectively throughout program. Manages resources that are assigned to program, monitors commitment and engages management when staffing levels are not in balance
- Identifies, documents, and understands workstream and project dependencies
- Measures program management performance against standards.
- Establishes program communication needs and create program communication plan Manages the communication of status, issue, and risk disposition to all stakeholders, including senior management, on a timely basis.
- Collaborates with Senior Management and Program Leads on cross functional areas and other programs, as appropriate.
- Project management skillset beneficial
- Collaborative problem solving approach and ability to work well under pressure
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Prior experience in transformation / change management roles or equivalent. Proven experience in delivering large and complex projects in matrix organizations, and interacting with teams across all lines of defense
- Familiarity with WCR regulations / policies / standards
- Experience in managing individuals or teams, both directly and matrix Excellent problem solving skills; ability to see the big pictures with high attention to critical details
- Ability identify and manage competing or changing priorities, and manage stakeholder expectations
- Has the ability to operate independently with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy
- Excellent written and verbal communication Interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization and across different geographic locations
- A proactive and “no surprises” approach in communicating issues
- Range of experience demonstrating flexibility in skillset and approach
- Excellent Microsoft Suite skills (i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, Master's degree a plus
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
“By joining Transformation, you will be at the center of driving change at Citi. You’ll help us lay the foundation to make this a better place to work and do business by implementing sound risk and controls. This team will give you a launchpad of endless opportunities to grow as a professional and challenge yourself while working across various functions.”
Risk & Controls Transformation Lead
“Citi hires people for their potential and not just their experience. This gives people, including myself, the opportunity to try different roles and explore new careers. Transformation at Citi is a new adventure and will challenge how we do things at Citi: with clients, with regulators and with our peers.”
Mexico Transformation Head
“Data Transformation is a great area to be a part of at Citi. Data is at the heart of our business and ensuring that our data is of good quality with clear ownership is imperative to our success.”
Data Operating Model and Governance Program Lead
“This is an exciting area to work in at Citi! Being part of Transforming a 200+ year-old institution is a once in a lifetime opportunity. This is relatively new work, so not only you can learn new skills and get exposure, but you can play a pivotal role in shaping the Citi of the future.”
Data Tooling and Capability Head
Featured Career Areas
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs