Transaction Reporting Team Manager (Hybrid)
Citi is a world-leading global bank. We have approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. We provide consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. We enable clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citi Belfast is one of the largest employers in Northern Ireland with a diverse and talented team of over 3000 people from over 40 different nationalities across our four Belfast offices.
We are the only global investment bank operating in Northern Ireland. Every day, our local experts interact with global teams in over 100 countries developing and supporting next-generation technology solutions for the enterprise and delivering critical services to the bank and its customers, to make sure we are a stronger and safer organization for our clients. You will have a truly global reach, which will provide you with new experiences and development opportunities right here in Belfast’s iconic Titanic Quarter.
The Regulatory Operations group is a centralized unit within ICG Operations that is responsible for high-risk regulatory transaction reporting including the implementation of complex regulatory change, a control framework for daily oversight of our reporting compliance and ongoing quality assurance of those
reports. The team are also responsible for the protection and safeguarding of our clients’ money and assets, and therefore acting in the client’s best interest and being the best is at the forefront of what we do on a daily basis.
The Regulatory Operations Reporting team have functional responsibility for the oversight of our reporting compliance and work closely with various stakeholders including Change, Legal, Compliance, Business, Technology and Operations Team to ensure our reporting is complete, accurate and timely.
- Responsible for the management and oversight of key regulatory reporting obligations for MiFID II TR;
- Responsible for supervision for the oversight and exception management processes supported by an ORC team in Belfast organizing resources available such that reporting deliverables are completed accurately and in a timely manner;
- Responsible for the management and development of a diverse team, setting clear goals and objectives, tracking progress, implementing success plans, and motivating team to be Best in Class
- Responsible for embedding and monitoring key controls identifying and articulating process deficiencies, suggesting and implementing improvements and drive the implementation and integration of preventative, detective and oversight controls, identifying best practices.
- Be proactive in assuming ownership of regulatory reporting deliverables across the business and generate management information for senior management to ensure transparency;
- Investigation and resolution of issues arising from the Regulatory Operations Reporting processes, QA reviews, Internal Audit, Compliance or FCA/NCA queries, and escalation to management where
- Assesses risks and drive actions to address the root causes that lead to operational risk events by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Assists management in achieving and maintaining strategic objectives, promotes efficiency, reduces the risk of issues and helps ensure compliance with corporate polices, procedures, laws and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and maintains tracking metrics for management reporting and escalation
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Establishes a rapport with Business Managers, Compliance, Internal Audit and Legal.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in order to support the implement business change,
- inputting into Business Requirement Documents, test plans and post release checks;
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision, can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- In depth industry experience with strong product, front to back and technical knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of Transaction and Trade reporting regulations
- Strong people management skills with broad experience in matrix managing multiple teams of
- different work streams
- Good stakeholder management experience, especially impactful communication, influencing
- and managing issues to remediation
- Excellent communication skills – verbal & written
- Self-starter, able to work on initiative and organize themselves well, focused on providing a high standard of service to clients
What we Offer:
We work hard to have a positive financial and social impact on the communities we serve. In turn, we put our employees first and provide the best-in-class benefits they need to be well, live well and save well.
We’ll provide you with the resources to meet your unique needs, empower you to make healthy decisions, and allow you to choose which benefits suit you and your personal life best.
Visit our Global Benefits page to learn more.
Highlights to our core benefits include:
- Award winning pension
- On-site health services
- Private medical insurance packages to suit your personal circumstances
- Paid parental leave
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 27 Days plus bank holidays; increasing with tenure
Citi Belfast also champions diversity within our workforce, which helps us be well and live well together. We have over 40 different nationalities in our Northern Ireland offices, are a vocal supporter of LGBTQ+ rights, and are proud to have 47% of our leadership team made up of individuals who identify as women.
We encourage and lead inclusivity through our Pride, Disability, Multicultural, Families Matter, and Women affinity networks that are run by and for, Citi Belfast colleagues; providing them with the support they need in their personal and professional journeys and supplying them with the tools to help educate colleagues on all things related to each network to help us work better together.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Operational Risk
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
Featured Career Areas
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs