Trade Booking Controls Analyst - Front Office, Markets
Overview of Citi:
Citi is a world-leading global bank. We have approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. We provide consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. We enable clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citi Belfast is one of the largest employers in Northern Ireland with a diverse and talented team of over 3000 people from over 40 different nationalities across our four Belfast offices.
We are the only global investment bank operating in Northern Ireland. Every day, our local experts interact with global teams in over 100 countries developing and supporting next-generation technology solutions for the enterprise and delivering critical services to the bank and its customers, to make sure we are a stronger and safer organization for our clients.
You will have a truly global reach, which will provide you with new experiences and development opportunities right here in Belfast’s iconic Titanic Quarter.
Booking Controls focus on what is booked where, and why – ensuring adherence to business, desk and individual trader mandates, and also ensuring the integrity of legal entities in preventing material booking errors. Booking Controls also focus on how a trade is booked – ensuring Front Office bookings are accurate, timely and complete in order to proceed downstream and onwards to internal/external reporting and stakeholder groups.
The role is part of the Markets Front Office organisation and will be a key part of the in-business risk & control team responsible for project managing the delivery of a multi-phase program of booking controls. The
workstreams are in the different project phases from gap analysis, prioritisation and planning to development and implementation. This is an exciting opportunity for a practically minded, seasoned professional with strong understanding of Front Office trading controls together with a proven track record in delivering results.
- Coordination across project workstreams to engage in the scoping, design and implementation of Booking Control work-streams to ensure a complete, effective and efficient first line control framework across the range of MSS products and systems
- Partner with 1LOD businesses to ensure compliance with relevant Firm policies/standards, also external regulatory expectations and industry standards where relevant
- Coordinate and engage cross functional stakeholders to develop an understanding of transaction execution workflows and controls for Markets products
- Complete risk based assessments and gap analyses to review inherent and residual risk associated with trade booking processes
- Partner with Business and stakeholder groups including Technology, Market Risk, Production Support and control groups to design and deliver booking control solutions, both strategically and tactically where required, in line with the programme timelines
- Perform analysis to across large volumes of trade data to run proof of concepts and define effective rules based exception logic
- Deliver against implementation plans to continuously evolve control framework including ongoing migration of detective controls to become preventative
- Work with Audit and other Control groups to drive forward control enhancement initiatives, and investigate control failures.
- Embed new controls into business and legal entity dashboards and Manager Control Assessments (MCA)
- Ensure that relevant booking control standards and control documentation is kept up to date, and booking practices are considered as businesses introduce new products or changes
- Manipulatie and analyse large sets of data, highlighting key insights on data and forming meaningful conclusions
- track delivery of work initiatives such as tracking, managing RAID log, preparing meeting materials, capturing minutes and meeting management duties
- Undertake detailed data investigations using variety of data sources
- Prepare / assist with implementation closure documentation and engaging with stakeholders (variety of seniority)
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Strong, relevant industry experience preferred in MSS or ICG in-business management, operational risk, middle office, product control or other relevant control function
- Strong understanding and subject matter expertise in MSS traded products and related control principles
- Effective negotiation and relationship skills
- A proactive and “no surprises” approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent reviews
- Proven track record in collaboration across different businesses, regions and/or support functions
- Excellent communication skills, often at A senior level
- Global mindset, with regional and Global product understanding
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Advanced Excel / Python / SQL / Data skills (advantageous)
What we Offer:
We work hard to have a positive financial and social impact on the communities we serve. In turn, we put our employees first and provide the best-in-class benefits they need to be well, live well and save well.
We’ll provide you with the resources to meet your unique needs, empower you to make healthy decisions, and allow you to choose which benefits suit you and your personal life best.
Visit our Global Benefits page to learn more.
Highlights to our core benefits include:
- Award winning pension
- On-site health services
- Private medical insurance packages to suit your personal circumstances
- Paid parental leave
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 27 Days plus bank holidays; increasing with tenure
Citi Belfast also champions diversity within our workforce, which helps us be well and live well together. We have over 40 different nationalities in our Northern Ireland offices, are a vocal supporter of LGBTQ+ rights, and are proud to have 47% of our leadership team made up of individuals who identify as women.
We encourage and lead inclusivity through our Pride, Disability, Multicultural, Families Matter, and Women affinity networks that are run by and for, Citi Belfast colleagues; providing them with the support they need in their personal and professional journeys and supplying them with the tools to help educate colleagues on all things related to each network to help us work better together.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs