Technology Risk & Control Officer
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
The IT Risk Analyst is a seasoned professional role and will operate within the global Institutional Client Group and become a member of an established local team.
The role applies in-depth Risk Management knowledge to assist the numerous development teams within the Treasury & Trade organisation.
Working as a partner with global application development teams. Protecting our clients by:
- Assisting in the identification and elimination of risks throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Implementing new controls as well as enforcing existing controls.
- Ensuring development teams and their applications adhere to Citi’s strict Policies and Procedures
- Regularly engaging with multiple stakeholders to ensure you have complete awareness and visibility of the state of the controls environment
Role / Position Overview
The candidate should be self-driven with strong communication and diplomacy skills, regularly assuming informal/formal leadership roles within teams/working-groups and involved in the coaching and training of new recruits. The role will be influencing decisions through advice and counsel. Experience in the software development lifecycle is desirable. As an ICGT risk analyst you will be working specifically with 900+ Treasury and Trade applications and their development teams in Europe, North America, LATAM and ASPAC. There will be engagement with multiple stakeholders including Auditors, Business Partners, End Users, Information Security, Cyber Security, Infrastructure, Third Party, Data Privacy, Technical Architecture and Business Continuity.
- As the risk SME you will have day-to-day engagement with numerous global application development and support teams
- Weekly meetings with management where you will be required to apply presentation skill
- Coordinating internal and external audits - interpreting and assisting with the gathering of audit deliverables
- Regular engagement with numerous different stakeholders, leading discussions and driving to completion
- Analysis of metrics from multiple sources, you will be required to recognise the significant risks and raise awareness to respective teams and escalate to management
- Perform pro-active risk assessments with the aim of identify gaps in the controls environment demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding it’s clients and assets
The position offers the successful candidate an opportunity to expand on their existing risk management skills in the corporate financial sector.
You will become familiar with Citi’s suite of client products in Treasury and Trade which are critical to the success of the organisation.
There will be many opportunities for training, particularly online through many of the tools available to Citi staff and also on-site training.
You will gain exposure to many of the important teams/functions which are present to support Citi’s applications (e.g. Information Security, Data Privacy, Business Continuity, Suspicious Activity Monitoring, Vulnerability Threat Management, Audit)
**Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.**
- 2 years Risk Management experience in a professional environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong presentation skills
- Team player and can work with limited supervision
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Experience in Audits
- Experience in the financial sector
- Recognised certifications (e.g. CISA, CISM, CISSP, ITIL, PRINCE2)
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
What we Offer
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
• 23 days paid annual leave
• Award winning pension scheme,
• Life assurance and
• Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Operational Risk
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs