Supplier Risk Manager
Who are we?
Citi Technology Infrastructure (CTI) provides the products and services that enable Citi's workforce, along with the majority of the financial solutions that Citi's customers rely on. We provide the critical technical foundation for Citi's operations through the infrastructure that runs business and general user computing services. We do this by working as one-team to deliver high quality, reliable and modern infrastructure technologies at the right cost. We drive to optimize the functionality and capability of the infrastructure technologies.
This position is an integral part of Risk Management & Governance actively supporting Citi’s commitment to maintaining an effective control environment. This function encompasses risk governance and reporting, cross border management, embedded control functions and third party management in support CTI’s risk strategy.
In CTI we are focused on delivering the best for our clients, and we know that to do this we need a talented team with diverse experiences, backgrounds and skills
As a Third Party Officer (TPO), you will identify, manage, and mitigate the risk associated with third party relationships. TPO requires in-depth business product knowledge and expertise regarding third party vendors. You will work closely with Business Operations and other technology teams, as well as internal functions. The TPO will be supported by the Enterprise Supply Chain Third Party Utility, which is responsible for the execution of standard third party risk management activities that are conducted to drive operational efficiencies every single day.
- Develop, document and update Citi's Exit Strategy Plans and work with business contacts to establish appropriate risk mitigation activities to minimize risk to Citi
- Draft and present succinct executive briefs; prepare and present high-level metrics to applicable Citi senior management and partners
- Establish a governance framework leveraging current market conditions and provide insight on trends/issues
- Verify third party's compliance to required policies and controls
- Complete initial Risk Assessment for third party and reevaluate as required; identify any significant changes in relationship to trigger update of Risk Assessment
- Improve service level agreement (SLA), craft monthly operating reports, and present high level metrics to applicable Citi senior management and key individuals
Stakeholder Management and People Responsibilities
- Optimize supplier relationships by leveraging spend with the fewest suppliers and ensure strategic alignment with our identified preferred supply base
- Implement and improve processes and oversight for the supplier management function across CTI
- Interact with third parties on critical issues of non-performance and contractual issues to drive resolution when appropriate
- Monitor performance and SLAs, either directly or through coordination with other Citi partners
- Maintain summary dashboard of third party performance and understand performance, including SLA breaches
- Directly impact the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams by providing mentoring and training to junior members of the team
- Actively strive towards self-development by building and following personal improvement plans based on discussions with management
Core Role Competencies
- Project Management: Experience leading projects or programs across multiple technical domains, business sectors and/or functions. Lays out a thorough schedule, uses achievements to track and handle the progress, looks for obstacles and develops contingency plans.
- Technical Knowledge: Uses general knowledge of technology and standard principles within specialty area(s) to work on a number of platforms or systems. Competent with standard tools. Supports and operates at a basic level.
- Processes / Procedures: Considers the whole system - reviews the data (qualitative and quantitative information), and identifies activities, applies validated methodologies for business process improvement, and designs processes and procedures that allow leading from a distance.
- Customer and Industry Knowledge: Consistently applies a business driver and marketplace focus when prioritizing actions.
- Commercial and Financial Acumen: Identifies and monitors key indicators to gauge performance and identify trends, and makes decisions considering the bottom line.
- Risk Management: Leads work and information within a strategic framework. Aligns efforts considering individual, functional, CTI and Citi strategies. Collaborates with partners and users to gain insights. Advises others on policy matters.
- Execution Excellence: Gets involved in a project or initiative that has many actions and uncompromising time frames. Follows through on commitments and takes ownership to ensure that others follow through as well.
- Stakeholder Management: Identifies key partners and their influence, implements techniques for communicating/engaging and managing expectations. Has frequent interactions. Finds the appropriate balance of completing claims by various groups of stakeholders, acting fairly and in consideration of cultural and ethical factors.
- Client Centricity: Acts as a strategic partner - able to build, grow and maintain positive relationships with key customers and partners; and uses this insight to take action to improve customer experience.
- Effective Communication: Is able to effectively communicate across a number of communication settings and regularly does so. Takes time to consider what the partner knows and cares about, drafts messages, and rehearses so that they are confident delivering the content of the message. Seeks input, checks understanding and presents message in different ways to improve understanding.
- Problem Solving and Decision-Making: Makes sound decisions. Considers relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. When making decisions, uses a mix of analysis, wisdom, experience and discernment. Assesses business needs, anticipates problems. Works independently and is self-directed.
Skills / Experience Levels
- You have strong communication skills with the ability to articulate to senior management and work with multi-disciplinary teams across regions
- You are a self-starter with problem solving experience and ability to organize and prioritize multiple deliverables effectively in a large, global corporate environment
- You exhibit influence management and stakeholder management skills while working towards mitigating risk across the organization
- You possess broad knowledge of other risk areas, with strong understanding of supplier or third-party risk impact
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs