Senior Operational Risk Officer (Hybrid)
Overview of Citi
Citi is a world-leading global bank. We have approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. We provide consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. We enable clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citi Belfast is one of the largest employers in Northern Ireland with a diverse and talented team of over 3000 people from over 40 different nationalities across our four Belfast offices.
We are the only global investment bank operating in Northern Ireland. Every day, our local experts interact with global teams in over 100 countries developing and supporting next-generation technology solutions for the enterprise and delivering critical services to the bank and its customers, to make sure we are a stronger and safer organization for our clients. You will have a truly global reach, which will provide you with new experiences and development opportunities right here in Belfast’s iconic Titanic Quarter.
The goal of the Markets Operations Risk and Control function is to provide independent oversight, challenge and governance to Markets Operations to enhance proactive identification and management of risk and to ensure that appropriate controls are in place and effective. This role, as a senior member of the Markets Operations Risk and Control team, involves oversight of the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) related controls within the Global Markets Operations group. Key focus areas include, but are not limited to, partnership with key stakeholders and Operations Risk & Control Officers to: review of current Operational processes and identification/remediation of control gaps as they relate to SOX; adherence to regulatory obligations; internal policy awareness and adherence; review of new business initiatives; Issue and incident governance; internal and external audit preparation and facilitation.
- Review and documentation of key operational controls as they relate to the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) legislation on internal controls within the ICG Markets Operations division
- Challenge existing control design and operating effectiveness of SOX related controls to highlight areas that require strengthening or enhancement
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in this domain and point of contact for internal parties in relation to SOX Controls
- Implement standardised approach to SOX Controls governance within the Operations unit
- Proactive review of Global Markets Margin & Derivatives Settlements Operations related control processes and reporting Participate in evaluating critical; Strategic and Tactical Change; Policy and Process updates;
- Deep understanding in the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) legislation on internal controls and how this can be related to the Financial Services sector
- Experience in documenting, assessing and analysing Internal Controls as they relate to financial statement reporting
- Understanding of Accounting and Financial statement reporting is desirable
- Willingness to question/challenge existing processes and ensure a satisfactory outcome with Senior Operations stakeholders
- Teamwork skills in growing and working with diverse Control officers across regions and other Markets Operations Product lines
- Proficient in metrics/Key Risk Indicators (KRI) assessment and reporting
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure managing tight deadlines and/or unexpected changes
- Excellent communication and relationship skills across all management levels especially Senior Operations Management
- Analytical with great attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- Relevant experience
What we Offer
We work hard to have a positive financial and social impact on the communities we serve. In turn, we put our employees first and provide the best-in-class benefits they need to be well, live well and save well.
We’ll provide you with the resources to meet your unique needs, empower you to make healthy decisions, and allow you to choose which benefits suit you and your personal life best.
Visit our Global Benefits page to learn more.
Highlights to our core benefits include:
- Award winning pension
- On-site health services
- Private medical insurance packages to suit your personal circumstances
- Paid parental leave
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 27 Days plus bank holidays; increasing with tenure
Citi Belfast also champions diversity within our workforce, which helps us be well and live well together. We have over 40 different nationalities in our Northern Ireland offices, are a vocal supporter of LGBTQ+ rights, and are proud to have 47% of our leadership team made up of individuals who identify as women.
We encourage and lead inclusivity through our Pride, Disability, Multicultural, Families Matter, and Women affinity networks that are run by and for, Citi Belfast colleagues; providing them with the support they need in their personal and professional journeys and supplying them with the tools to help educate colleagues on all things related to each network to help us work better together.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Operational Risk
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
Featured Career Areas
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs