Risk Transformation Project Manager (Hybrid)
Belfast, United KingdomJob Req ID 23649780
Citi is undergoing a Transformation to modernize and simplify the bank. We’re raising the bar and taking the opportunity to reevaluate the way we do business. This includes fostering a culture of curiosity and excellence and shifting our mindset to be simpler and data driven, making Citi an easier place to work and improving client experience. If you’re ready to be at the forefront of Transformation while taking your career to the next level, we invite you to come and join us!
As one of the world’s most global banks, Citi gives you the tools to make a difference. Through Transformation, we’re building the future of the bank and shaping the banking industry. Citi employs over 220,000 individuals located around the world, encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, cultures and backgrounds. Some of the skills that will make you successful in this role include:
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Credible Challenge
- Risk Management
- Data and Results Driven
Overview of Citi:
Citi is a world-leading global bank. We have approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. We provide consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. We enable clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citi Belfast is one of the largest employers in Northern Ireland with a diverse and talented team of over 3000 people from over 40 different nationalities across our four Belfast offices.
We are the only global investment bank operating in Northern Ireland. Every day, our local experts interact with global teams in over 100 countries developing and supporting next-generation technology solutions for the enterprise and delivering critical services to the bank and its customers, to make sure we are a stronger and safer organization for our clients. You will have a truly global reach, which will provide you with new experiences and development opportunities right here in Belfast’s iconic Titanic Quarter.
This new role is part of ICG Risk and Control team supporting ICG Compliance Risk Transformation team in overseeing and coordinating the remediation of key Compliance Risks and enhanced implementation of Citi’s Compliance Risk Management Framework for ICG.
The Transformation Compliance Project Manager will work with project management, Internal Audit and 1st line colleagues across ICG businesses and ICRM (Compliance) to lead and coordinate delivery of compliance risk remediation efforts.
This highly visible role will combine specialist expertise in key compliance risks, along with project delivery and implementation skills to deliver sustainable outcomes across business and regions.
The role will engage with line of business and functions across 1st and 2nd line to implement the required end to end compliance risk control framework for the business. The role will oversee direct remediation programs and aligned initiatives across compliance risk areas.
This will also require extensive coordination and program management with internal stakeholders to maintain and meet required standards, while enabling suitable engagement with impacted lines of business.
- Ensure all expected program/project standards, tollgates and governance requirements are fully understood and implemented as part of the program/PMO
- Establish clear processes and standards to track and report overall Program status / progress to Senior Management and stakeholders
- Provide all Program level reporting, into all appropriate Governance forums (including the development of appropriate presentation materials and fulfilment of Corporate Secretary duties); serve as key 'liaison' / communication channel between ‘2LOD’ICRM led and ‘1LOD’ ICG led governance forums
- Maintain Execution Deliverable Status and Reporting in PMO tools (JIRA, PTS, Sharepoint etc) to required standards
- Perform Sharepoint development and maintenance, to provide transparency for stakeholders, transformation team colleagues and the wider organisation with meaningful, relevant and timely program and project status and goals detail.
- Manage the integration and transition of Project outputs/transformation into ‘business as usual’ production environment, including preparation/readiness of users, UAT cutovers and post-implementation reviews (including benefits realisation)
- Work with the x-ICG and line of business project teams as well as ICRM (Compliance) and Internal Audit teams to deliver the initiatives required to remediate compliance risks across lines of business, functions and locations.
- Mobilize and deliver the initiatives required to remediate compliance risks across lines of business, functions and locations.
- Assist in the implementation of effective governance for direct and indirect initiatives contributing to the remediation of identified risks in line with Citi change methodology and governance requirements.
- Assist the Global lead in developing the required program frameworks that evidence risk assessment and scope, through to remediation and operation within risk appetite.
- Work with project management teams across the ICG to define suitable approaches, detailed execution plans and associated reporting on the status of work efforts relative to defined committed deadlines
- Work with all stakeholders across lines of defense to ensure credible challenge throughout the remediation process and validation of results in line with Citi’s Internal requirements.
- Take ownership responsibility for specific projects and initiatives, delivering end-to-end, sustainable outcomes for the impacted lines of business and locations within allotted timeframes.
- Present on status of the program to various stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Extensive experience implementing change in institutional business lines, geographies and functions (exposure to Markets, Banking, Security Services, Private Banking, Payments, Technology, Operations, Compliance, Finance).
- Willingness and ability to gain command of the prudential Consent Orders and corresponding bank deliverables
- Extensive experience in working within risk areas dealing with regulatory or compliance risk in 1st or 2nd line of defense and comfort in presenting related issues to senior management.
- Able to provide leadership and influence in matrix organization.
- Strong project management and change capabilities.
- Capable of prioritizing and multi-tasking in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Ability to analyze a process and recommend ways to improve quality, controls, and efficiency.
- Regulatory risk mitigation mindset.
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree(s) in related field(s)
What we Offer
We work hard to have a positive financial and social impact on the communities we serve. In turn, we put our employees first and provide the best-in-class benefits they need to be well, live well and save well.
We’ll provide you with the resources to meet your unique needs, empower you to make healthy decisions, and allow you to choose which benefits suit you and your personal life best.
Visit our Global Benefits page to learn more.
Highlights to our core benefits include:
- Award winning pension
- On-site health services
- Private medical insurance packages to suit your personal circumstances
- Paid parental leave
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 27 Days plus bank holidays; increasing with tenure
Citi Belfast also champions diversity within our workforce, which helps us be well and live well together. We have over 40 different nationalities in our Northern Ireland offices, are a vocal supporter of LGBTQ+ rights, and are proud to have 47% of our leadership team made up of individuals who identify as women.
We encourage and lead inclusivity through our Pride, Disability, Multicultural, Families Matter, and Women affinity networks that are run by and for, Citi Belfast colleagues; providing them with the support they need in their personal and professional journeys and supplying them with the tools to help educate colleagues on all things related to each network to help us work better together.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
“By joining Transformation, you will be at the center of driving change at Citi. You’ll help us lay the foundation to make this a better place to work and do business by implementing sound risk and controls. This team will give you a launchpad of endless opportunities to grow as a professional and challenge yourself while working across various functions.”
Risk & Controls Transformation Lead
“Citi hires people for their potential and not just their experience. This gives people, including myself, the opportunity to try different roles and explore new careers. Transformation at Citi is a new adventure and will challenge how we do things at Citi: with clients, with regulators and with our peers.”
Mexico Transformation Head
“Data Transformation is a great area to be a part of at Citi. Data is at the heart of our business and ensuring that our data is of good quality with clear ownership is imperative to our success.”
Data Operating Model and Governance Program Lead
“This is an exciting area to work in at Citi! Being part of Transforming a 200+ year-old institution is a once in a lifetime opportunity. This is relatively new work, so not only you can learn new skills and get exposure, but you can play a pivotal role in shaping the Citi of the future.”
Data Tooling and Capability Head
Featured Career Areas
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs