Regional HR Generalist Lead - VP
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
The Regional HRPS Generalist will partner with senior regional management teams to establish the delivery and regional coordination of the HR strategy for their designated business area. Working alongside regional and global HRAs, they will act as a key coordinator to senior managers with regional populations on all HR related issues, tailoring and executing fully all aspects of the People Agenda.
They will also contribute to the building of organizational and leadership capability reflecting the business strategy. Where strategy is set globally, they will advise on how this can be executed within the region.
This role will also cover the UK and any Western Europe country population and will deliver agreed aspects of the generalist role for that population.
Performance Management (PM)
- Coordinate regionally the Performance Management approach in order to drive the strategic business plans
- Communicate to in-country HR and business the expectations and practices for performance management cycle.
- Coordinate year end PM activities including calibration of performance ratings and preparation for year-end PM conversations.
- This would include appropriate participation in these sessions as agreed with HRAs (global or regional).
- Partner with the business to regionally coordinate the in-country management of poor performers.
- Facilitate discussion and solution for sensitive, complex and high risk poor performance issues.
- Work with line managers to set goals for employees, perform reviews against goals, provide high quality feedback and link compensation to performance reviews for in country population
- Assist managers of in country population to address under performance and develop employees to grow into new roles
Talent and Organisational Development
- In partnership with HRAs and country HRPS, help the senior leaders define the Talent culture to support the regional Talent strategic plans.
- Coordinate the annual talent process across the EMEA region partnering with country and global HR teams, including upload of talent designations, the preparation of talent books and the tracking of talent actions.
- Communicate to in-country HR and management the expectations and practices for the annual talent process.
- Selection of appropriate candidates on Talent programs.
- Participation in talent calibration meetings/discussions providing regional advisory on consistent application of talent designations and development solutions.
- Coach senior business leaders to improve their individual leadership and management skills. Work with the senior leader to build capability in their team – with the individuals & the team as a collective
Employee Relations, Policy and Ethics
- Act as point of escalation on serious issues, partner with in-country HR and COEs on any ER issues that require a significant level of senior leadership involvement or with complex stakeholders across the region/globally.
- Inform regional leadership, global/regional HRAs of issues and associated risk as appropriate as well as any themes that need to be addressed, subsequently developing approach to address.
- Partner with business management to maintain/improve a positive ER environment for the ER for in country business
- Advise Line Managers on opportunities and risks relating to management actions that may affect ER for in country
- Perform exit management actions (resignations, retirement, sickness) ER for in country population
- Liaising with ER team for changes to standard letters, query resolution & seeking exceptions ER for in country population
- Manage employee referrals to Occupational Health, feedback to managers (where appropriate), manage PHI process.
- Provide proactive manager education to improve ER environment and mitigate risks ER for in country population
- Counsel employees on personal and work related issues that affect performance and foster policy understanding e.g. performance capability, individual consultations ER for in country population
- Coordinate and advise on any regional restructuring and reengineering programs including RIF, redundancies, offshoring, acquisitions and divestitures partnering with appropriate in-country HR and COEs.
- Manage any senior management restructuring closely in partnership with global/regional HRAs and country HRPS
- Own the people related elements of regional restructuring
- Work with the regional or global analysts or regional or global HRAs to ensure all HR data associated is up to date and accurate and accessible when required, advise on and coordinate any regional data tasks
- Partner with global and regional compensation specialists, HRAs and HRPS to lead an efficient and coordinated annual year end compensation process.
- Ensure awareness of regulatory compensation requirements and processes across the region (e.g. Covered Employees).
- Partner with in-country HR and compensation teams to manage any ad-hoc compensation related challenges or initiatives such as C-levelling, Fair Pay and Market Data projects.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition partners to create the workforce plan/pipeline and review how the talent makeup & trends in the market impacts the plan
- Communicate approach to workforce planning and hiring across the region i.e. freezes, focuses, hot spots, diverse slates
- Guidance to in-country HR and Talent Acquisition teams on hires as appropriate.
- Partner with business, TA Partners and COO offices to ensure the self-service approval process is fit for purpose
- Partner with business leaders, regional and global HRAs on the resourcing of senior/critical regional hires including the structure of compensation, typically C15/C16
- Manage & advise upon any offers that have Indicatives, TIRA’s or other regulatory/non vanilla compensation
- Partner with Talent Acquisition, Compensation and Line Managers of in-country population to ensure proposed Compensation offers to candidates are compliant with regulatory, Citi and business unit requirements and participate in the approvals process
- Monitor recruiting data and metrics to identify trends and anticipate issues for in-country population e.g. use of compensation commitments
- Interpret and implement in country workforce plan and integrate with replacement and opportunistic hiring
- Support managers of in-country population to devise appropriate new-hire orientation and transition plans
- Facilitate internal career mobility discussions with in-country employees and managers
Learning and Culture
- Provide a coordination approach regionally, in partnership with the regional L&D partner to senior leaders on L&D solutions
- Support the communication of the regional L&D offerings and priorities relevant to the business area.
- Facilitate appropriate development opportunities for targeted groups of the population or specific individuals (i.e. executive coaching, L&D nominations CFS, LC3, WLDP etc.)
- Deliver coaching/interventions to build capability of the senior leader/leadership team
- Partner with HRAs and managers regionally to ensure Culture programs are delivered and embedded within the business
- Provide support for in country business team development i.e. NMAP
- Ensure appropriate on-boarding for specific in-country businesses or subset of individuals
Diversity, Inclusion and Engagement
- Partner regional/global HRAs to develop strategies to improve overall employee engagement and manager capability
- Partner with regional VOE coordinators and business champions to ensure successful delivery of the VOE process.
- Partner with leaders to interpret VOE data and other employee engagement metrics to inform the development and implementation of appropriate employee engagement strategy, initiatives and communications.
- Ensure progress on Regional level Diversity and Inclusive Leadership goals
Risk and Controls
- Understands and proactively manages risk and compliance in respective area of responsibility.
- Appropriately assesses risk/reward relationships when making business decisions
The Regional HRPS Generalist role provides the opportunity for HR professionals to build extensive subject matter expertise and develop and implement people management strategies that support and drive delivery of the business strategy and plans
- Ability to take a leadership position and apply strategic and tactical HR knowledge to provide strategic solutions to human capital problems
- Capability to customize or implement HR solutions to human capital problems in creative ways or to craft new HR solutions
- Develop and use metrics to make the business case for HR programmes, to align HR strategy with corporate goals, and to assess and justify the performance of HR programmes
Skills & Competencies:
- Delivery capability: strong execution mindset and comfortable covering transactional activities required for in-country population.
- Operational Excellence capabilities: process improvement mindset, with an eye on what we
- Business capabilities: commercial awareness, business acumen, client focus, aligning business and people strategies
- HR capabilities: employee relations, use of HR metrics, organization design, talent development, change management/delivery
- Consulting capabilities: innovation and creativity, negotiation, facilitation and coaching, impact, influencing and persuasiveness, trusted advisor, leadership, project management/delivery
- Professionally qualified (CIPD) or equivalent work experience
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
What we Offer:
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
·23 days paid annual leave
·Award winning pension scheme,
·Life assurance and
·Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce
Job Family Group:Human Resources
Job Family:HR Advisors & Generalist
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs