Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
ORC Reporting Team LeaderApply Now Locations: Belfast, Northern Ireland Job Function: Operations - Core Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19126414
- Oversight of the ORC Reporting processes relating to the Securities Financing Transaction Regulation (SFTR), and Supervision of direct team members working within Belfast;
- Working in partnership with other ORC Reporting Supervisors in Belfast and Senior Management in London and New York, to establish and maintain a robust control framework, produce timely and accurate MIS reports to a global audience, enhancing format and frequency where required. Identification of areas for improving existing processes and controls;
- Investigation of issues arising from the ORC Reporting processes, QA reviews and Compliance/FCA and or Business Line queries, and escalation to management where appropriate;
- Extensive liaison with internal customers, notably Business Units, Information Technology, Other ORC areas and Compliance Management, whilst fostering partnerships with key contacts with open and honest feedback;
- First level review of key controls and similar risk management programs identifying and articulating process deficiencies, and co-ordinating UAT for ORC Reporting related tasks;
- Work extensively with Change Management team and Quality Assurance team, to continually challenge and improve reporting process, articulating process risks;
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in order to implement business change, confirming that Business Requirement Documents and Test plans are provided ahead of User Acceptance testing to confirm that Reporting accuracy and completeness are maintained;
- Work with Business Units and Compliance in responding to internal and external business requests, and regulatory enquiries. Identify, prioritise and resolve Reporting issues, where required liaising with Compliance having determined materiality of issue;
- Monitor Market Regulatory forums and National Competent Authority notifications to ensure Citi are kept well informed and aware of all industry developments.
Represent ORC at regulatory meetings and disseminate information to the ORC teams and relevant stakeholders.
- Develop a greater understanding of Regulatory requirements; and in particular Securities Financing Transaction Regulation but also other MiFID related regulations
- Increase product and business knowledge through exposure to all areas of Capital Markets & Banking;
- Develop an understanding of Citigroup at a more strategic level;
- Opportunity to work collaboratively and to build effective working relationship with numerous Business Units, Operations departments, Internal Audit, and Compliance surveillance;
Opportunity for development in understanding of multiple Regulatory obligations and Reporting requirements to a host of EMEA linked National Competent Authorities
- Proven track record of supervising/managing a team
- Team player who works well with colleagues of all levels in achieving value-added results;
- The ideal candidate must have investment banking experience;
- Ability to build productive working relationships across Business Units, Operations departments, Internal Audit, and Compliance;
- Ability to interpret and summarise key issues to senior management and other stakeholders;
- Proven experience developing creative solutions to problems;
- Ability to consistently deliver work of a high standard whilst under pressure;
- Understand impact of external factors (e.g. regulatory changes) on departmental strategy;
- Have an understanding of front to back technology and business flows;
- Self-starter, able to work on initiative and organise themselves well;
- Great leadership skills to develop and nurture a growing team
- Strong upward and downward management skills to balance managerial requirements with BAU supervision.
- Good interpersonal communication skills which will be required for both internal and external business partners;
- Pro-active, likely to instigate change;
- Able to build effective working relationships quickly and maintain them;
- Focused on providing a high standard of service to clients;
- Great attention to detail;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Resilient and tenacious;
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.