Operations, Placement Analyst (6 Months), Institutional Client Group, Belfast, United KingdomReq ID 80016416 Location Belfast, United Kingdom Job Category Operations
You're the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programmes equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Analysts in the Institutional Client Group (ICG) Operations support the Capital Markets Investment Banking arm of Citi as well as Cash, Trade and Cards businesses. Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and provides full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades, and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
Your time here will look something like this...
Over the 6 months you will create impact in operations process modernisation and transformation with innovative solutions and technical efficiencies. You will receive on the job training through dedicated work shadowing and mentoring.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
This Placement is a 6-month programme and typically starts in June each year.
This is a thriving, fast-paced team where an ability to multitask and prioritise is a necessity. The timeliness of the team’s support and response is crucial to the successful of running the FX business.
• Ensuring that all deadlines are met, all exceptions in the trade life cycle are investigated, satisfactorily resolved or escalated as/when required.
• Responsible for processing of high value transactions while adhering to established controls and procedures.
• Create controls that eliminate the potential for operational issues and ensure those controls are being monitored daily.
• Appropriately prioritising assigned tasks in line with critical deadlines, high value trades and sensitive clients.
• Strong Attention to detail with good numerical skills key when working with high value transactions.
• Strong communication skills enabling effective management of internal and external stakeholders.
• Delivery of a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Takes personal responsibility for own performance, identifying enhancements to processes that realise tangible benefits.
Why the Placement Operations Programme is a great career path
* Potential to roll off into a permanent role within Citi Operations
* Opportunity to work in partnership with teams from across the Bank to help develop and manage products, processes, and services in ways that maximise profitability while minimising risk
* Play a critical role in providing a series of common products and services across Citi's lines of business and geographies, including Risk and Control, Anti Money Laundering, Procurement, Expense Management, and Employee Services.
We want to hear from you if...
* You have obtained a minimum 2:1 in a Bachelors and currently undertaking a masters degree, due to graduate in 2023.
Who we think will be a great fit...
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you.
We’ll also be looking for the following:
* Commitment to personal growth and career development; a strong desire to learn and be successful in a team environment
* Strong communication and organisational skills
* Analytical and quantitative skills
* Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
* Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision
* Strategic thinkers and solutions orientated
This role currently offers a hybrid working model, with a mandatory three days in your assigned office, and an optional two days from home. Citi supports this business model, subject to business approval.
We review applications on a rolling basis and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary. The role will be based in a Citi Office in Belfast, Northern Ireland
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review  Accessibility at Citi.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
“Don’t overthink and keep an open-mind. You will learn on the job, whilst there is some technical knowledge that can be learnt prior to joining the large majority comes with time and experience.” Reesha Analyst, Platform Sales
“During analyst rotations, it is important to be a sponge and absorb as much as possible. Actively listen during conversations and take notes so that you can ask follow-up questions.” Haley Assistant Vice President,
Equities and Securities Services
“The caliber of people at Citi is really high. They’re technically competent, fundamentally driven, and hungry to succeed. And I’m proud to work alongside them.” Fa'eez Investment Banking Analyst
“Citi wants to hear junior staff’s ideas. Because the company might know how finance is done historically, but we can provide new insight on what innovations we should be implementing to make it better.” David Corporate Banking Analyst
We’re always on the lookout for great talent. At Citi, learning and self-development is integral to our culture and you can expect to continue to be challenged every day – it’s how we make progress. We take a hands-on learning approach to support your growth and learning.
You’ll learn everyday by doing client work, analysis and other challenging assignments. Get on-the-job practice and feedback from Citi experts as you hone your skills alongside your peers.
You’ll have honest, open interactions with leaders of all levels and focus across our company. From networking events to work shadowing, you will have meaningful conversations and experiences at Citi.
You’ll also have access to our suite of functional courses and eLearning modules to ensure you have the knowledge you need for success. And when you’re ready, we have a whole host of leadership programs and coaching awaiting you.
You’ll also do more than just be a great partner to our clients. You’ll have the opportunity to give back and make a positive impact where we live and work through volunteerism.
Innovation Through Diversity
Join Our Talent Community
Opportunities for students and graduates change throughout the year. If you’d like to be notified about new opportunities, join our Talent Community by choosing your region and completing the form.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs