Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Operational Risk Senior AnalystApply Now Locations: Belfast, Northern Ireland Job Function: Risk Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20183590
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
The Operations Regulatory Control (ORC) team is a centralized unit within ICG O&T that is responsible for management and oversight of a number of regulatory functions including high risk Regulatory Reporting to multiple EMEA regulators, Client Assets and Depositor Protection.
ORC’s operating model is designed to ensure compliant regulatory reporting and adherence to regulator mandated controls and supervision
The team has three distinct functions; Regulatory Reporting, Change Management and Quality Assurance. Working in partnership across all three functions and engaging and collaborating with Technology, Compliance, Business and other Operational Team enables ORC to be the best for our clients.
This role is aligned to the Regulatory Reporting function, which are responsible for the following:
- Generate and submit high risk regulatory reports
- Establish controls for monitoring regulatory reports
- Utilize exception management reporting to investigate, identify and track issues to resolution
- Liaise with regulators
- Provide transparency to senior management
- Monthly governance / steering committees
Role / Position Overview
To support the Regulatory Reporting Change and Quality Assurance manager, providing business analysis and project management support to the regulatory reporting Change and Quality Assurance function and processes, including but not limited to the following:
Support for the regulatory reporting Quality Assurance commitments and activities, highlighting emerging risks / issues to management
Partnering with Business, Change teams and Technology to ensure that risks arising from observations are mitigated by identifying, analyzing, prioritizing, implementing and managing testing of technical fixes / enhancements
Partnering with internal stakeholders including Operations, Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit and the business and embed a best in class service to internal clients
- Member of the Change and Quality Assurance team based in Belfast who are responsible for validating the completeness and accuracy of ORC’s regulatory reporting obligations;
- Identify, prioritize and resolve regulatory reporting observations and issues, partnering with relevant internal stakeholders to mitigate risk;
- Definition and implementation of enhanced tools and methods to enable continuous improvement across the Quality Assurance function;
- Support internal reviews from Internal Audit and Compliance, understanding and challenging observations, agreeing remediation points and applying lessons learnt across other reporting.
- Develop a greater understanding of Regulatory requirements and expectations;
- Opportunity to shape and standardize strategic Quality Assurance processes;
- Increase product and business knowledge through exposure to all areas of Capital Markets & Banking;
- Develop an understanding of Citigroup at a more strategic level;
- Opportunity to work collaboratively and to build effective working relationship with numerous Business Units, Operations departments, Internal Audit, and Compliance surveillance;
Opportunity for development in understanding multiple regulatory obligations and reporting requirements of EMEA NCAs
- Extensive business analysis skills with experience of providing detailed and clear project documentation
- Proven experience developing creative solutions to problems;
- In depth industry experience with strong product, front to back and technical knowledge
- Working knowledge of Transaction and Trade reporting regulations
- Good stakeholder management experience, especially impactful communication, influencing and running project governance, change management and benefits realisation
- Team player who works well with colleagues of all levels in achieving value-added results;
- Ability to interpret and summarize key issues to senior management and other stakeholders;
- Ability to consistently deliver work of a high standard whilst under pressure;
- Self-starter, able to work on initiative and organize themselves well;
- Great communication skills - to be able to articulate issues and propose solutions effectively and succinctly
- Good interpersonal communication skills which will be required for both internal and external business partners – with an ability to communicate ideas at a high level for management and at the detailed level for change development
- Able to build effective working relationships quickly and maintain them;
- Focused on providing a high standard of service to clients;
- Great attention to detail;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Resilient and tenacious;
- Able to see the bigger picture and understand and articulate impact
- Excellent time management and strong understanding of managing priority items in a day to day business environment
- GSCE “A” Level standard or equivalent
- Good numeracy skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Industry exams
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Accuracy and attention to detail imperative;
- Excellent time management as well as organizational skills;
- Strong analytical skills with the confidence to raise issues
- Flexible approach to task management;
- Ability to prioritize effectively;
- Great communication and leadership skills with the ability to be assertive in terms of regulations and procedures;
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills;
- Ability to build and maintain effective networks and relationships;
- Service orientation, professionalism, proactive and strong client/business focus, and accountability
What we Offer
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.