Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Operational Resilience Client & Business Service AnalystApply Now Locations: Belfast, Northern Ireland Job Function: Business Strategy, Management & Administration Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20184579
- The Operational Resilience Client & Business Service Analyst, is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. They will become a recognized technical authority for operational resilience within Citi's central Operational Resilience team. Requires commercial awareness, and developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasionally external clients and industry groups. The Strategy Lead Analyst will have significant impact on Citi's approach to operational resilience through complex deliverables, and will provides advice and counsel related to it, to other teams within Citi.
- Will be responsible for supporting the design and development of Citi operational resilience framework – a Citi Wide Key Initiative - to meet evolving client expectations, regulatory requirements and industry best practice whilst strengthening Citi’s existing ability withstand disruption.
- Drives key elements of the program, such as Culture Change, and our pilots of new "Business Services".
- Support the exploration and creation of a framework for Citi Senior Management accountability and responsibility for Operational Resilience, as well as the creation of templates for CCOs (country CEOs), and governance committees to use to discuss Operational Resilience.
- Support the exploration of Big Data, data analytics and data science as tools to develop new forms of management information, metrics and reporting – and explore potential new dashboards and real-time monitoring, taking inspiration from mechanisms other companies use (such as Google’s Error Budget idea) to develop an innovative way of understanding the resilience of Citi, that incorporates future evolutions in our business model and world we operate in
- Support the development of frameworks and tools for understanding client harm and impact tolerances – including exploring how to integrate these with other tools used by client relationship managers.
- Support performing a gap analysis across Citi’s existing programs that enable resilience (e.g., Data Privacy, NPAC, Cloud, CoB, Third Party Management, Crisis Management, Recovery & Resolution Planning, Risk and Control, Development Lifecycles, Product Control) to understand how they are designed and operate today, and map them against the emerging regulatory expectations and industry best practice.
- Assist in the development of understanding our concentration risk and use of third parties, along with developing an end-to-end approach to dependency mapping of Citi’s Business Services, including the people, skillsets, data, 3rd parties, FMIs, countries, legal entities, technology, systems, applications, processes, FMIs, etc., that are required for the normal delivery of the service.
- Manages and creates content / materials to be used to update Citi’s boards, regional and Operational Resilience OpCos, and the Operational Resilience SteerCo and IS Risk Committee.
Awareness of Citi and/or other financial services institutions
- Varied background / experience across and exposure to multiple disciplines such as Corporate Banking, Markets & Securities Services, Payments, Trade, Risk, Finance, Operations & Technology, Events and Marketing through direct experience or via program/project delivery.
- Strong understanding of financial services products, and Citi's organizational construct.
- Curiosity to learn about new businesses, technology developments and geopolitics. Desire and ability to seek, consider and connect operational resilience, external trends and developments to product and function strategies.
- Highly motivated and with enthusiasm for Financial Services industry and desire to master the business.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills as well as an ability to ‘connect the dots’ and communicate the ‘big picture’.
- Able and willing to be bold and imagine a different future state, motivate, inspire and work with others to craft and build it.
- Self-starter and creative problem solver who is willing to think ‘out of the box’. Must have a strong client and innovation focus and ability to step outside regular job functions and comfort zone.
- Must demonstrate integrity, and the ability to balance logic and analytical thinking with empathy and compassion.
- People-focused attitude, with demonstrated positive relationship management and interpersonal skills with colleagues of all levels, background and across all teams.
- Contribute to continuous team improvement and management, e.g., provide leadership in recruiting, coach junior staff, etc.
- Excellent influencing and diplomacy skills, with experience of communicating, negotiating and partnering with more senior colleagues.
- Strong regional cultural awareness and valuing of a diverse workforce. Strong appreciation of differences in style and/or perspective, utilizing them to inform and enhance decisions or actions and organizational success.
- Actively collaborates with partners across the bank and world, and achieve actionable results through others.
- Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries, breaking down silos and encouraging the sharing of ideas and lessons learned.
- Ability to work virtually and with a global team in multiple time zones.
- Identify opportunities to add value beyond the scope of formal projects.
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
- Accountability and results oriented with impeccable attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to take an agile approach to development and make ad hoc changes to project plans.
- Ability to explain technical or complex issues and concerns in non-technical ways.
- Experience with producing and distributing publicly facing materials.
- Excellent communications and customer service skills.
- Leadership presence; commands respect and will earn trust of senior leaders.
- Efficiently solve complex, ambiguous problems/situations.
- Multi-tasks productively and reliably, while managing conflicting priorities.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Extensive experience in financial services.
- Client and/or product experience.
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative capabilities; history of academic and professional excellence and achievement.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Highly proficient in MS PowerPoint and Excel.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.