Pardon our dust! We are enhancing our application system to improve the Citi recruitment experience. Due to this upgrade you may be asked to create a new profile when you apply for a new job. If you submitted an application prior to July 21st you can view the status of your application and manage your documents via the Manage Existing link in the Create/Manage Profile drop down in the top right corner of this page.
Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Negotiation SupportLocations: Belfast, Northern Ireland Job Function: Legal Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19034765
- Remediation of existing agreements which includes document review and ongoing systems data scrub to ensure data integrity of the metadata contained therein.
- Negotiating/reviewing legal agreements with internal/external customers to reach agreement on the contents of the Bank’s legal documentation, through telephonic or electronic negotiation and legal lock in sessions / client meetings (where required).
- Close liaison with internal business/London Legal in connection with the negotiation of legal agreements in the relevant business area. Convey strong commercial awareness and understanding of the desk’s priorities by ensuring prioritisation of file load is aligned with overall desk goals.
- Work closely with Sales and Relationship Managers and Product heads to manage customer expectations and ensure documentation is in place ahead of regulatory or business deadlines, where required.
- Understand and learn the documentation requirements for different products.
- Interpret key commercial concepts from an array of trading agreements (including ISDA master Agreements, Credit Support Annexes, Termination Agreements and Cleared Swap Documentation and incorporate into EMEA specific documentation, accounting for the necessary regulatory and/or jurisdictional changes where required.
- Apply in-depth understanding of how associated risks differ depending on product and documentation envisaged in relevant jurisdiction(s) and advise Risk and Business accordingly.
- Advise Risk and Business on potential legal risks involved in the execution of documentation.
- Ensure Citi’s internal and regulatory policies are maintained, and where deviations are necessary, ensuring appropriate risk and / or business approvals are obtained.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of process improvements, through liaising with internal stakeholders such as Risk, Client Risk Facilitation, Client Onboarding, Regulatory Reform, CVA, Operations and Legal.
- Ensure key governance and control checks are implemented during documentation process; proactively identify and escalate issues within the relevant business.
- Understand impact of Dodd Frank, EMIR, FATCA, MRNCCD and other applicable regulations on the business area and ensure that agreements meet with such regulatory requirements.
- Problem solve in order to facilitate solutions to ensure systems and legal documentation can support client offerings. Involvement with product development discussions as and when potential solutions are being requested from or offered to clients which may have systems and/or documentation implications.
- The successful candidate will be expected to develop a strong understanding of Citi’s ICG products and services, and ICG client base.
- Comprehensive training on Citi’s businesses and policies will be provided to those transitioning to Citi with transferable skills gained in private practice or in a previous in-house role.
- The successful candidate must have a high quality academic record including a degree qualification in the relevant discipline of law or business studies.
- Experience of working in a legal/financial service organisation preferable.
- Experience of negotiating commercial contracts is advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of PC operating systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) at all organisational levels with internal business partners and external customers.
- Ability to effectively project manage and organise own workload meeting key milestones
- Strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- True self-starter
- Ability to provide continuous feedback and to regularly follow up on all outstanding issues.
- The workload is high volume and will require the candidate to work quickly and efficiently.
- Good command of English grammar.
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Proactive and show initiative
- Customer service orientation
- Effective planning and organisation
- Attention to detail and accuracy
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.