Markets Business Risk Senior Analyst
Citi is a world-leading global bank. We have approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. We provide consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. We enable clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citi Belfast is one of the largest employers in Northern Ireland with a diverse and talented team of over 3000 people from over 40 different nationalities across our four Belfast offices.
We are the only global investment bank operating in Northern Ireland. Every day, our local experts interact with global teams in over 100 countries developing and supporting next-generation technology solutions for the enterprise and delivering critical services to the bank and its customers, to make sure we are a stronger and safer organization for our clients
You will have a truly global reach, which will provide you with new experiences and development opportunities right here in Belfast’s iconic Titanic Quarter
This role sits within the Global Markets Conduct Risk area in Citi Belfast. The role will support the implementation of market abuse controls within the Markets Trading Businesses (1st Line of Defence) in collaboration with Compliance (2nd Line of Defence).
The role will focus on all products and market abuse behaviors ranging from parameter based to model based surveillance systems. Candidates will be expected to assist with deep dives into data sets, understand how patterns of data may be associated with market abuse and have an interest/experience of model/AI type systems used to compliment more traditional parameter based surveillance solutions.
Ideally candidates will have experience of data analytics, prior surveillance implementation and an understanding of products within the markets trading business. As incumbents will be required to lead/proactively participate in various work streams/projects a strong sense of drive, ownership and transparency are required for this role.
The following are some of the specific activities that the implementation teams carry out that the candidate will be expected to support in this role:
- Support scoping, design and implementation of the Markets front office trade monitoring operating model to provide risk-based coverage of market abuse/manipulation and rogue trading behaviors globally
- Assist with the development and management of plans for producing trade monitoring scenarios, working with product trade monitoring heads, and Technology to ensure controls are deployed in a risk-prioritised and efficient manner
- Support design, plan, and implement controls/MI to monitor effectiveness of the transaction monitoring operating model on an ongoing basis
- Help define and document required standards for transaction monitoring deliveries, and ensure deliveries are in line with expectations
- Define and manage data sourcing and data quality processes for transaction monitoring, working with relevant stakeholders to review data quality issues and agree remediation priorities
- Manage regulatory remediation plans to address FRB FX Consent Order requirements and regulatory feedback in relation to trade monitoring capabilities, defining and implementing corrective action plans where required Partner with Technology, Supervision and LTA teams to build out a robust and sustainable technology platform and change management model for trade monitoring analytics
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
Able to demonstrate some experience of:
- Assisting with the delivery of end-to-end control implementation, with focus on conduct risk an advantage
- Understanding and interaction with Technology teams to shape and deliver technology solutions in support of required business outcomes
- Experience in successfully supporting change processes with excellent stakeholder engagement and coordination
- Good awareness and understanding of the key drivers, industry challenges and opportunities for trade monitoring an advantage
- Strong knowledge and experience of the market trading or support function an advantage
- Broad knowledge of surveillance end to end an advantage
Skills and Competencies:
Must be able to demonstrate experience of:
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Using metrics and statistical data to help drive roll outs.
- Significant attention to detail with an ability to contribute effectively to formative strategic development where necessary
- Leadership in a co-operative and collaborative working environment
- Communication, interpersonal and organizational skills to mobilize and motivate delivery
- Management and facilitation to achieve objectives, with both local and remote teams
- A practical and goal orientated focus with excellent verbal and written communication skills utilizing different media, to effectively communicate with senior management and other partners.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
What we Offer:
We work hard to have a positive financial and social impact on the communities we serve. In turn, we put our employees first and provide the best-in-class benefits they need to be well, live well and save well.
We’ll provide you with the resources to meet your unique needs, empower you to make healthy decisions, and allow you to choose which benefits suit you and your personal life best.
Visit our Global Benefits page to learn more.
Highlights to our core benefits include:
- Award winning pension
- On-site health services
- Private medical insurance packages to suit your personal circumstances
- Paid parental leave
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 27 Days plus bank holidays; increasing with tenure
Citi Belfast also champions diversity within our workforce, which helps us be well and live well together. We have over 40 different nationalities in our Northern Ireland offices, are a vocal supporter of LGBTQ+ rights, and are proud to have 47% of our leadership team made up of individuals who identify as women.
We encourage and lead inclusivity through our Pride, Disability, Multicultural, Families Matter, and Women affinity networks that are run by and for, Citi Belfast colleagues; providing them with the support they need in their personal and professional journeys and supplying them with the tools to help educate colleagues on all things related to each network to help us work better together.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs