Markets Business Risk & Control - Technology Senior Program Manager
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
The Markets Risk & Controls Senior Program Manager is a senior management-level position which will be accountable for the management of a broad range of business-critical programs and professional disciplinary areas.
This role will develop an exceptional understanding of both the Markets Risk & Controls Book of work and any other deliverables or initiatives on which Markets Risk & Controls has dependencies. This person will play a key role in supporting the delivery team in Markets Risk & Controls, collaborating with Programme and Technology Directors, and multiple business areas, including Product, Operations, Finance and Risk across ICG.
Role / Position Overview
The successful candidate will lead a team of BAs and PMs who will be responsible for liaising between business users and technologists to exchange information in a concise, logical and understandable way in coordination with the Technology team.
Comprehensive understanding of concepts and procedures within both the direct function and the wider Business areas will be essential. Extensive negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management skills are also required in order to ensure that key objectives are achieved.
- Drives a diverse team across multiple time zones, supporting critical programmes and deliverables with responsibilities including work allocation, budget and planning, performance evaluation, compensation, staffing and other duties as assigned
- Applies comprehensive understanding of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to deliver results and resolve issues that have impact beyond own area.
- Ensures all stakeholders are identified and included in scope definition activities; they
- understand the program schedule and key milestones whilst receiving regular updates
- Ensures fit-for-purpose governance framework is in place and managed across all relevant programmes. This includes the use of effective and efficient standard templates and end-to-end lifecycle process to minimise waste, overseeing governance gates and challenging when proposals are unrealistic or where costs and dates are not viable to proceed.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of how IT Project Management integrates within the overall technology function to achieve objectives.
- Exercises shared responsibility for budget, policy formulation and planning.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets.
- Senior program management experience supporting the delivery of high value projects.
- Thorough understanding of project/programme management techniques and expectations of good Global Governance.
- Extensive experience managing broad scale programmes across various disciplines.
- Ability to organise and prioritise critical issues and information to facilitate efficient decision making, providing oversight and guidance to team projects of highest priority and importance.
- Financial & budget management expertise.
- Proven Ability to solve complex challenges, and have a high ability to remove barriers, understanding internal and external
- Excellent MS Office skills including strong PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Extensive Project Management tools experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on multiple programs in the rapidly growing Markets Technology Business Risk and Controls Department. This role will enable you to lead a team and the build of modern technology solutions utilizing best in class technical tools and frameworks in order to address complex business problems.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Exceptional communicating, influencing and engagement skills; consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- A proven leadership style that creates an environment for delivery of clear, measurable goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to partner and influence across organizational lines
What we Offer
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our Select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Job Family Group:Project and Program Management
Job Family:Program Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs