Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
The Treasury and Funding function is responsible for the timely settlement of cash and collateral margin to and from CCPs, brokers and affiliates for ETD and OTC products, prompt reconciliation of the same and the monitoring of collateral flows.
Role / Position Overview
The team are seeking a Treasury and Funding Manager who will be responsible for the daily margins processing and managing the funding flows to support that. The role will demand a focus on control to ensure operational risk is kept to a minimum, the changing regulatory environment, the evolving product offering and a growing client base.
Please note this is a fixed term contract to cover maternity leave
- Timely settlement of cash and collateral margin to and from CCPs, brokers and Citi affiliates for ETD and OTC products;
- Daily monitoring of operational balances;
- Adherence to control, compliance, client asset requirements;
- Adherence to Audit requirements
- Ensuring cash reconciliation exceptions are resolved promptly appropriately.
- Exception reporting and appropriate escalation of issues to Senior Management;
- Ensuring processes and procedures are fully documents and reviewed regularly;
- Supporting the delivery of efficiency and straight through processing (STP) initiatives, new product offerings and change;
- Lead and develop the team with well-defined individual goals, encourage team working and develop an appropriate succession plan; and
- Build effective working relationships with colleagues in Belfast, London, APAC and NAM.
- Receive a six-month long training program in all aspects of their role and will have a mentor for the duration of their transition period
- Exposure to all of the products supported by the FCC Operations group.
- Develop stakeholder management competence at peer and senior manager level
- Fully proficiency in the use of technology within own department
- Enhancing communication and organizational skills. Meeting targets set within the group and interacting with a wide spectrum of people to achieve these skills.
- Development of Project Management skills
- Citi success depends on its people and their ability to develop and grow within the organisation. FCC Operations support all employees to feel empowered to take responsibility for their own development.
- Successful applicants for this role will have access to an extensive online learning resource.
- Will have the opportunity to study for industry exams and FSA affiliate status.
- Knowledge of exchange traded derivatives (ETD) and Over the Counter (OTC) Derivatives (preferred);
- Experience of payments processing, treasury or funding;
- Experience of working within a regulated environment;
- Experience in contributing to change projects, process improvements or efficiency programmes;
- Good Microsoft skills including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively facilitating interaction with clients, own team and operations management. Ability to detail issues, in writing, in a clear, accurate and concise manner.
- Analytical and Numerate proven ability to research and identify large and complex issues
- Demonstrates sound judgement and professionalism in decision making/problem solving, escalating to supervisor as appropriate
- GSCE “A” Level standard or equivalent
- Good numeric skills
- Industry exams e.g. FSA module exams or a full affiliate status
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Planning and Organising
- Attention to Detail
- Risk Awareness
- Teamwork / Collaboration
- Relationship Building
- Resilience to, and an ability to work under pressure
- Results/task orientated with excellent attention to detail
- Risk Awareness and confidence to escalate
- Adaptive to change
What we Offer
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.