DevOps Technology Risk and Controls Lead
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
The ICG Technology Risk and Control organization is responsible for acting as the first line of defense. Primary responsibility is to drive an effective operational risk management framework, and to partner with senior development heads on driving Technical solutions.
The role is responsible for providing Technology governance and oversight to the Engineering and Architecture Practices group. The Technology Control lead applies in-depth understanding of DevOps tools, processes and architecture. The individual is also required to demonstrate knowledge and subject matter experience in Cloud technologies (AWS/Google), container technologies (ECS/Openshift), and microservices. The Technology Control lead is also required to have excellent communication skills to advice and influence, often at senior levels.
- Manage, implement, and maintain a cohesive, effective, efficient, coordinated, and consolidated controls governance model in support of ICG DevOps Technology units, working closely with a dynamic business in a large and diverse environment.
- Responsible for establishing strong working relationships with DevOps Technology Engineers, Application Architecture managers, Information Security, Internal Audit as well as other Business/Operations/Infrastructure Risk Management teams.
- Independently assess the effectiveness of controls and determine the potential impact of any control failures and corrective actions required.
- Conduct Control Assessments through the interaction of multiple levels of management as well as global R&C teams. Work with Technology managers to define and create controls for their area. Monitor risk mitigation and oversight processes. Keep Senior Technology Leaders aware of control activities.
- Evaluate control issues and ensure adequacy of Event Root Cause Analysis and corrective action plans.
- Lead proactive risk assessments, and review activities to maintain acceptable audit ratings for ICG Technology units.
- Work with first, second, and third line functions in the implementation, monitoring, and reporting of risk remediation programs and processes and to establish and/or improve engagement and interaction models.
- Actively identify emerging risks and control deficiencies through technology self-assessment testing, R&C initiatives, and BAU meetings/discussions. Escalate operational risk events as appropriate
- Engage with application owners and management team to define corrective action plans, and monitor progress to ensure R&C issues and initiatives are addressed timely.
- Significant Technology Risk Management experience.
- Experience working in a DevOps team is highly desirable, but a foundational knowledge of DevOps concepts and tools (CI/CD, Configuration Management, Build/deployment tools, Pipeline architecture) is preferable.
- Foundational Knowledge of containerization & Clustering (ECS, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker).
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Dynamic and Static Scanning tools and process.
- Foundational knowledge of Cloud Technologies/Services (AWS/Google), and prior hand on experience in cloud migration and risk assessment.
- Previous experience performing root cause analysis and lesson learned assessment activities.
- Ability to independently manage transformation efforts and/or key initiatives from start to finish.
- Superior communication, facilitation, and consensus-building skills
- Organizational awareness with ability to influence stakeholders to achieve results
- Strong problem-solving skills; comfortable tackling complex problems
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, often deadline-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s Degree is computer engineering or computer science is preferred or relevant Risk Management professional experience.
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
What we Offer:
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
We also have a vast range of diversity networks, which demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce;
- Citi Mentor programme
- Prometheus – development initiative for female talent
- Citi Toastmaster
- Citi annual 5k
- Citi Pride
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Operational Risk
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs