Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Business Risk Senior AnalystApply Now Locations: Belfast, Northern Ireland Job Function: Risk Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20197632
In view of heightened expectations from regulators and to ensure a strong & consistent global control environment, the Markets & Securities Services business is enhancing the Risk & Control - Governance team.
This global role directly supports a trading and sales environment, as well as Security Services businesses. The successful candidate will work with Global MSS Business Management, Operational Risk/Risk Management, Middle Office, Operations, Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Financial Control and Legal Departments. The position will have high visibility and will report to the Group Manager located in New York City headquarters.
This role supports the oversight and administration of the Managers Control Assessment (MCA) for the global Markets and Securities Services (M&SS) Business as well as various Operational Risk compliance requirements. The role will assist in the co-ordination of key milestones in the administration of the MCA across all businesses, give technical support to assessment owners , data quality reviews and integration of conduct and regulatory requirements into MCA. Operational risk responsibilities include metrics reporting, quarterly review and attestation of losses, lessons learned reviews and fraud risk management assessments.
This role plays a leading contribution to the co-ordination of the internal control framework and takes direct ownership for the oversight of control processes functioning within the Front Office (First Line of defense). This will require cross product interaction at a senior level to drive consistency across the markets space.
- Work with Business Managers, Operations, Technology and other 2nd Line of Defense functions to develop, implement , monitor and maintain new or existing self – assessment content, perform data quality analytical reviews, enhance/refresh data as needed, provide timely change management and governance reporting
- Support operational risk compliance and reporting requirements, including metrics, scenario analysis and fraud
- Support Compliance Comprehensive Strategic Plan program requirements and reporting, including enhancing the self- assessment data to ensure that regulations are properly reflected
- Coordinate audit and regulatory data and deliverables as needed
- Help ensure compliance with key policies, standards and procedures, including maintaining procedural and roles & responsibility documentation for owned key activities, risks, controls and monitoring tools (ARCMs)
- Represent and advocate for MSS businesses on key control forums
- Coordinate key deliverables for MSS, working closely with segment partners and businesses, leveraging content, approach and centralizing where possible to create greater efficiencies
- Creating and managing end to end calendar with critical steps, dependencies and dates
- Hosting kick-off calls with change owner to gather stakeholders, begin impact assessment and identify leads from each functional group to be part of the project
- Help change owners craft clear messages that address all stakeholder questions (including Legal & Compliance)
- Build and develop partnerships with potential initiators/ change owners, channel leads and stakeholders by:
- Facilitate and lead cross-functional meetings
- Assist in awareness campaigns and communications of Global Change Management objectives, process
- Develop analytics and reporting to track effectiveness of process and identify potential process improvements
- Contribute to developing enhancements of Work Flow Management tool
- Provide thought leadership in continually reviewing process and identifying improvements
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- The successful candidate will have broad-based experience in global capital markets businesses, ideally in an Audit, Compliance, Operational Risk or Control functional capacity
- Extensive Project Management experience in financial services, control compliance or legal disciplines
- Experience with work-flow systems
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Outstanding relationship building and relationship management skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.