Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Business Risk Project ManagerApply Now Locations: Belfast, Northern Ireland Job Function: Risk Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20192639
The Business Risk Senior Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
Institutional Clients Group - Markets and Securities Services division (ICG MSS) Governance and Controls spans across all the ICG MSS Business Areas and is charged with delivering all their strategic governance and controls initiatives. It is an exciting and fast-paced group to work in, with a broad and varied portfolio across all front office Markets business.
This role will be a part of the central ICG MSS PM Team and assigned to support the delivery of the Regulatory Inventory Mapping (RIM) Initiative for ICG.
The RIM Initiative is a Citi-Wide program that will globally map and integrate key regulations and rules into the Management Control Assessment (MCA) program. It will identify and report mapping gaps/key issues, update MCA content, ensure proper governance, report and deliver documentation to address regulatory compliance and create a long-term sustainable process.
The role will be expected to be the principal Regional PM for the ICG MSS Business RIM Initiative. They will report into the central ICG MSS PM Team.
The role is highly visible and therefore has a critical part to play in meeting key Citi regulatory deliverables, ensuring best business practices and enhancing the ICG MSS risk and control framework to help businesses stay within key compliance risk appetite measures.
The role will need to become familiar with Citi PM Policies and Standards and ensure good program governance and execution. It will need to support the Program Director in the identifying and resolution of program risks/issues and ensure the timely delivery of program plans, resources and reporting across all MSS lines of business and wider stakeholders.
The role will require developing a deep knowledge of the key regulations and rules applicable to MSS businesses, how they are monitored in the MCA program, escalating and remediating issues within each ICG business.
It will require an understanding of key regulations applicable, related risks, controls and monitoring mechanisms, along with the identification, escalation and timely remediation of program gaps/issues. Global reporting and communication of project status and risks to appropriate senior business and project managers, project reviews / health checks of the book of work, will be required across all program deliverables to support execution in accordance with strict guidelines.
The candidate will be involved in analysing and providing project management deliverables and other information to support regulatory or audit reviews when applicable and have involvement, if not lead, post program reviews for key initiatives.
- Develop an understanding of the RIM Initiative and Program deliverables in accordance with Citi project management and governance standards of practice.
- Provide governance, oversight and monitoring activities in accordance with the RIM program and processes specified by the PMO.
- Provide reporting or analyse data across key deliverables, including the identification and remediation of issues and CAPs.
- Review Quality Assurance reporting and support the organization in resolving issues.
- Monitor and manage program risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies whilst escalating to senior management as required.
- Oversee program plans and tracking of progress and changes.
- Oversee budget and resourcing tracking and requests.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across ICG.
- Develop and monitor stakeholder maps and stakeholder engagement plans.
- Facilitate workshops and planning sessions as required.
- Coordination for project and program management regulatory concerns and providing guidance during internal/external audits.
- Conduct Book of Work Reviews and health checks (QA).
- Create sustainable BAU process.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in project planning, tracking, delivery and reporting.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in working within a risk, control, compliance, legal or audit function.
- Strong knowledge of self – assessment programs and operational risks.
- Good understanding of program management methodologies, frameworks, processes, tools and industry best practices.
- Experience in applying and embedding program methodologies across large scale programs.
- Excellent planning and task management skills; capable of seeing the bigger picture as well as strong focus on day-to-day execution.
- Proven experience in facilitating workshops and program planning sessions.
- Strong control, compliance, analytical and problem solving skills.
Experience working with business stakeholders across multiple businesses, regions and support functions.
This role plays a leading contribution to the strategic coordination and direction of the ICGs regulatory compliance, monitoring and control framework. The role is global in nature and will entail developing relationships and working with senior stakeholders across multiple business and control functions.
- Goog Experience Project Management experience in financial services, control compliance or legal disciplines
- Experience with work-flow systems
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Outstanding relationship building and relationship management skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
The successful candidate will need to have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly organized and efficient at prioritising tasks.
- Fast-thinking; able to quickly identify the root of an issue
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually with minimal supervision.
Excellent Microsoft Office skills and be an advanced user of MS PowerPoint, Excel and Project.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.