Business Risk Manager - Transaction Monitoring - VP
This role sits within the Global Markets Conduct Risk area and requires the role holder to implement trade surveillance and monitoring, specifically for Exchange Traded Equity Markets. Understanding of Market Abuse behaviors through trading, compliance, risk or other front office and controls roles will be important. Familiarity with Exchange Traded equity market a plus. The role will support the Head of MSS Transaction Monitoring Equities Product Head.
Transaction Monitoring is a group within the business, rather than Risk, that focused on monitoring trader activity for market abuse.
Role / Position Overview
Based in Belfast and reporting to the Equities Product head of Transaction Monitoring, this role is focused on monitoring trader activity for market abuse in stock and other exchange traded equity products. Working with in-house development teams on tools and systems to identify and analyse suspicious trading activity and escalate well researched and conclusive reports.
- Support scoping, design and implementation of the trade monitoring to provide risk-based coverage of market abuse/manipulation and rogue trading behaviours globally ensuring compliance to local rules and regulations
- Actively analyzing and dealing with market abuse alerts generated
- Collaborate with other internal areas including: Legal, Compliance, Operations, Technology and Business Management to assist with the delivery of required controls
- Assist with the process of defining and documenting transaction monitoring deliveries, and ensure deliveries are in line with expectations
- Support data sourcing and data quality processes for transaction monitoring, working with relevant stakeholders to review data quality issues and remediation priorities
- Partner with Technology, Supervision and LTA teams to build out a robust and sustainable technology platform and change management model for trade monitoring analytics
- Opportunity to work in a hands-on environment with ex-traders on real world market abuse situations.
- Involves direct interaction with traders and will give exposure to market activity.
- Will involve specific experience and training on Equity products, particularly Stocks.
- Experience within one of the worlds largest and most geographically diverse finance institutions
- Working knowledge within either a Compliance, Control, Audit or Risk function
- Good awareness of the key drivers and industry challenges related to market abuse/conduct
- Developing and completing functional projects with excellent stakeholder engagement and coordination
- Knowledge of markets trading products and related systems an advantage
- Knowledge of financial markets surveillance an advantage
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Significant attention to detail with an ability to contribute effectively where necessary
- Leadership in a co-operative and collaborative working environment
- Communication, Interpersonal and organizational skills to mobilize and motivate delivery
- A practical and goal orientated focus with excellent verbal and written communication skills utilizing different media, to effectively communicate with management
- Competency with all Microsoft Office particularly excel and VBA
- Data analytics using Python/R is an added advantage
- Quick learner
- Independent thinker
- Ability to make decisions and propose solutions based on data
•Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
What we Offer
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs