Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Business Intermediate AnalystApply Now Locations: Belfast, Northern Ireland Job Function: Business Strategy, Management & Administration Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20194916
Rates & Currencies Business Intermediate Analyst
In-Business Risk and Controls, Rates and Currencies
ICG / Markets and Securities Services (MSS)
Business Manager Operational Risk Support
To work as part of the Business Operational Risk Support team within the Rates & Currencies Risk and Controls team, with a primary focus on delivering projects and initiatives relating to operational risk.
This will include coordination the implementation of Regulatory Inventory Mapping (RIM) project in Rates and Currencies business globally and working on GRC and MCA related processes.
This role requires extensive liaison with multiple business and support functions at all levels and in all regions, including Rates & Currencies product CAOs and Business Management teams, MCA coordinators, Trading, Sales, Cross-Asset MSS teams, Operations, Technology, Compliance, ORM and other Risk teams.
This position reports to the Business Manager Operational Risk Support.
The candidate will join a dynamic and diverse global team of Business Managers. Ability to leverage the team skills and experience is key to be successful in this role.
An effective governance, supervision and control framework is critical to the continuing existence and success of the Global Rates and Currencies franchise. The topic has undergone a period of significant and rapid change as global regulators looked to strengthen policy standards and expectations as a result of various issues highlighted in the industry.
In view of heightened expectations from regulators, there is a need to further strengthen coordination of global operational risk initiatives and provide support for the business management teams. The significant and increasing deliverables for the Rates & Currencies business into global programs, regulatory and IA Corrective Action Plans (CAPs), MSS and business initiatives require a global coordination and tracking.
The working environment is fast paced and results driven. The size and nature of the FXLM business leads to working simultaneously on a variety of opportunities.
- Contribution to the delivery by Rates & Currencies business into global and regional programs, such as RIM.
- Work on corrective action plans and process enhancements.
- Support the Business Heads and Business Management teams with the continuous evolvement of the control framework, to deliver new control initiatives.
- Work with the Business Supervisors, Technology & Control partners to document our control framework ensuring consistency in application between all regions and countries.
- Support evolving the control framework, and assist with delivery of solutions to sufficiently mitigate existing and new emerging risks.
- Interact with MSS Transformation teams, ORM, Compliance, Internal Audit and other control functions to drive forward control enhancement initiatives and investigate control failures.
- Participate as required in ad-hoc reviews and regulatory / supervisory examinations of the wider Rates and Currencies business.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the Rates & Currencies business, its products and processes and how it operates within a large organization, which spans across more than 70 countries.
- Exposure to major projects at Citi to leverage and grow project management skills.
- Build a deep understanding of the existing and evolving regulatory landscape and how it impacts the business.
- Develop a global network of contacts within Rates & Currencies, MSS Transformation, ORM and control and infrastructure groups.
- Exposure to senior management, including but not limited to Rates & Currencies.
- Build effective prioritization skills as the job entails dealing with multiple conflicting priorities in a time pressured environment.
- Candidate will gain a thorough and detailed understanding of control framework in Rates & Currencies and the MCA/GRC governance process and tools.
- Successful candidates will have the opportunity for future career progression within the MSS business.
- Experience of project work.
- Working knowledge of end to end control frameworks for similar global businesses.
- Experience of financial services.
- Excellent communications skills (written / verbal) at all organisational levels.
- Results/task orientated with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to mange and prioritise effectively and resolve conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and autonomously.
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent academic background educated to a degree level or sufficient industry experience.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet all of these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Communication / Relationship building
- Attention to detail
- Team work
- Prioritisation / Initiative
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.