Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Busines Operational Risk ManagerApply Now Locations: Belfast, Northern Ireland Job Function: Business Strategy, Management & Administration Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20194881
Business Operational Risk Manager
In-Business Risk and Controls, Rates and Currencies
To work as part of the Business Operational Risk Support team within the Rates & Currencies Risk and Controls team, with a primary focus on delivering projects and initiatives relating to operational risk. This will include coordination of implementation of Regulatory Inventory Mapping (RIM) project in Rates and Currencies business globally and management of GRC and MCA related processes.
This role requires extensive liaison with multiple business and support functions at all levels and in all regions, including Rates and Currencies product CAOs and Business Management teams, MCA coordinators, Trading, Sales, Cross-Asset MSS teams, Operations, Technology, Compliance, ORM and other Risk teams.
This position reports to the Head of Regulatory Implementation and Operational Risk Support and the successful candidate will manage a global team located in APAC, EMEA and Americas.
The candidate will join a dynamic and diverse global team of Business Managers. Ability to leverage the team skills and experience is key to be successful in this role.
An effective governance, supervision and control framework is critical to the continuing existence and success of the Global Rates and Currencies franchise. The topic has undergone a period of significant and rapid change as global regulators looked to strengthen policy standards and expectations as a result of various issues highlighted in the industry.
In view of heightened expectations from regulators, there is a need to further strengthen coordination of global operational risk initiatives and provide support for the business management teams. The significant and increasing deliverables for the Rates & Currencies business into global programs, regulatory and IA Corrective Action Plans (CAPs), MSS and business initiatives require a global coordination and tracking.
The candidate will be a key contributor to developing our approach and tools for managing operational risk and leveraging global programs to identify opportunities for business development and added value to our BAU processes.
This role requires close cooperation with similar positions within broader MSS Business Management teams to promote “lessons learnt” and standardisation of control framework across MSS.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage delivery by Rates & Currencies business into global and regional programs, such as RIM.
- Where required create and run related CAPs as well as embed new process into existing processes and controls.
- Manage and develop a global team to track and execute operational risk initiatives.
- Support the Business Heads and Business Management teams with the continuous evolvement of the control framework, to deliver new control initiatives.
- Work with the Business Supervisors, Technology & Control partners to document our control framework ensuring consistency in application between all regions and countries.
- Support evolving the control framework, and assist with delivery of solutions to sufficiently mitigate existing and new emerging risks.
- Interact with MSS Transformation teams, ORM, Compliance, Internal Audit and other control functions to drive forward control enhancement initiatives and investigate control failures.
- Participate as required in ad-hoc reviews and regulatory / supervisory examinations of the wider Rates and Currencies business.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the Rates & Currencies business, its products and processes and how it operates within a large organization, which spans across more than 70 countries.
- Exposure to major projects at Citi to leverage and grow project management skills.
- Build a deep understanding of the existing and evolving regulatory landscape and how it impacts the business.
- Develop a global network of contacts within Rates & Currencies, MSS Transformation, ORM and control and infrastructure groups.
- Exposure to senior management, including but not limited to Rates & Currencies.
- Candidate will have opportunity to establish themselves in the role of a trusted advisor within the business.
- The role involves exposure & partnership with business and desk heads in Rates & Currencies and involvement in other global projects.
- Build effective prioritization skills as the job entails dealing with multiple conflicting priorities in a time pressure environment.
- Candidate will gain a very thorough and detailed understanding of control framework in Rates & Currencies and the MCA/GRC governance process and tools.
- Successful candidates will have the opportunity for future career progression within the MSS business.
- Seasoned project manager with a proven track record of successful delivery essential.
- Subject matter expertise of Markets products and control environment preferable.
- Solid working knowledge of end to end control frameworks for similar global businesses.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial services including at least 3 years either in the business or business support functions.
- Excellent working knowledge of project management standards and tools at Citi.
- Excellent communications skills (written / verbal) at all organisational levels.
- Stakeholder Management at all levels.
- Results/task orientated with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and prioritise effectively and resolve conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and autonomously and manage across all geographies.
- High level of computer literacy, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- The candidate will require experience within a markets business or key function.
- Working knowledge of control frameworks – design and execution.
- Excellent academic background educated to a minimum of degree level or sufficient industry experience.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet all of these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Communication / Relationship building.
- Attention to detail.
- Project management.
- Creativity in solution design & implementation.
- Team work.
- Prioritization / Initiative.
- Decision making capabilities.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.