Compliance Manager, AVP
This role will serve as a compliance risk officer within Citi New Zealand for both the AML Compliance Risk Management (ACRM) and Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) functions. He/she will be responsible for assisting in the establishment and maintenance of internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation; and the delivery of a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protects the franchise. In addition, the role will engage with both ACRM and ICRM compliance coverage teams based the APAC regional offices, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework.
Prior experience working in Anti-Money Laundering, regulatory compliance, fraud, audit, in-business risk or related role is preferred
- Active participation in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class compliance programs, policies and practices for ACRM and ICRM.
- Analyzing complex comparative data, and preparing regional and global reports related to compliance risk assessments, and monitoring of compliance related issues.
- Reviewing established policies, procedures and controls to ensure compliance with various regulatory and legal requirements, and to ensure compliance risks are appropriately identified and addressed.
- Investigating and responding to identified compliance risk issues.
- Investigating regulatory inquiries, preparing required documentation, making recommendations to senior management on how to proceed, and preparing responses for the regulatory inquiries.
- Ensure prompt identification, logging, evaluation and formulation of plans to address new and amended laws, regulations, rules and other requirements/expectations from regulatory and enforcement authorities. Ensuring regulatory change management processes are effectively operating; specifically as this relates to the identification, impact assessment and implementation of applicable laws, regulations, rules and related processes (including controls and reporting) that impact Citi activities in New Zealand.
- Effectively manage compliance risk associated with regulatory changes by raising awareness around both emerging areas of elevated risk and where implementation is off-track (or likely to lead to non-compliance), and providing credible challenge where required.
- Overseeing / monitoring adherence to Citi’s AML and Compliance Risk Policies and relevant procedures and preparation, editing, and maintenance of related procedural materials.
- Act as AML and Compliance SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Act as delegate for NZ AML Compliance Officer, when required.
- Appropriately assess identified compliance risks when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Prior experience working in Anti-Money Laundering, regulatory compliance, fraud, audit, in-business risk or related role is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies that impact the New Zealand legal vehicle, including AML
- Advanced analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Must also be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive; have the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision or, where required, to work independently
- Ability to navigate a complex organization
- Excellent project management and/or organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred or relevant, equivalent experience. Preference for post graduate degree and/or recognized professional qualifications where applicable.
- Professional qualifications may include: CRMC or equivalent, CPA, ACA, CIA, CFA, ACAMS, etc.
- Strong technical knowledge of compliance regulations and requirements, through 5+ years of experience with a complex global financial institution, regulator, or related industry participant (legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof).
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:Compliance Risk Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs