Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
SVP – CBORC-Tech – Digital Technology Head
- Primary Location: United States,Florida,Jacksonville
- Other Location: United States,Texas,Irving
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Corporate Services
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 17080904
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
SVP – CBORC-Tech – Digital Technology Head/C14
This Risk Manager role will be part of the Consumer Business Operational Risk & Control (CBORC) organization, reporting directly to the Head of Global Consumer Technology Risk Management (CBORC-Technology) and matrix reporting to the Global Consumer Digital Technology leader.
The Risk Manager must have knowledge of Citi Technology and Digital processing as well as supporting functional areas. This role has the primary responsibility for establishing and running the key Global Consumer Technology Risk and Control practices for the Digital entity (including ATM), providing a holistic view of the Business Risk profile – identification, management, and mitigation. This will be a strategic role given the importance of managing the day-to-day, in-business first line of defense activity for the Global Digital organization. The role will be instrumental in enforcing compliance to Citi’s internal policies, processes, and controls and compliance to external regulation while proactively evaluating the existing control environment for enhancement opportunities.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Provide thought leadership and drive proactive engagement / forward looking risk management on highest risk priorities in an effective and efficient manner
- Establish governance with first, second and third line of defense for identifying and managing risks for the Digital team. Engage in appropriate forums, MORs and BRCC for the Digital team.
- Build a strong relationship with the Digital leadership teams and be their key Senior Tech Risk partner/challenger, driving consistent operational risk management practices across the organization.
- Responsible for management of Audit/Regulatory engagements: Coordination, communications, and required actions with management committees, internal auditors, external auditors, regulators and other internal stakeholders as appropriate.
- Execute Risk Management activities to include:
- Make recommendations on areas of potential risk requiring further investigation or review
- Assist with investigation of Assessment results to determine if broader actions are required to address global risks across programs
- Design and lead the execution of risk assessments to identify Digital control improvement opportunities. Collaborate with appropriate owners to develop corrective action plans and provide remediation oversight.
- Provide governance over the execution of key Digital initiatives to ensure that appropriate risk management practices are in place and to identify where further risk mitigation is required.
- Communicate to all stakeholders (including Senior Management) on a timely basis in a clear way both verbally and written.
- Identify key risk indicators and work with partners on the development of appropriate metrics to manage operational risk
- Knowledgeable about risk systems infrastructure including key processes, coverage, and data flows in order to identify risk effectively.
- Partner with the Digital team to evaluate and define controls for emerging technologies.
- Strong Risk Management & Governance Background: 10+ years’ experience in audit, control, risk, or regulatory compliance related work, preferably in a complex technology environment
- Demonstrated track record in bringing value to the CIO through being an effective Partner and Challenger.
- Demonstrated understanding of Digital technologies and required controls.
- Demonstrated ability to independently operate in a complex, global, cross Line of business environment.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills which can be leveraged to consistently succeed at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with senior leaders (across functions) to deliver risk management capabilities
- Experience in working with Citi Risk and Control tools which are relevant to a dynamic Operations environment preferred– e.g. Change Management, Agile, MCA, KRI’s, CitiRisk etc.
- Experience and ease in interfacing with Senior Management and Regulators.
- Individual should be analytical, flexible, team-oriented, have good interpersonal, communication, and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Possess a natural curiosity and an ability to distill sometimes unfamiliar topics to core issues in order to make decisions.
- Working knowledge of ATM controls desired.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies like FinTech, cloud controls, API controls and CI/CD concepts preferred.
- Experience designing, developing, implementing or maintaining Internet or mobile applications and use of automated tools is a plus.
- Minimum education at a Bachelor's Degree level – Degree in Engineering/Technology preferred.