2021, EMEA Corporate Banking Winter Internship Programme, Johannesburg
Johannesburg, South AfricaJob Req ID 80010659
Citi’s Corporate Banking teams service the needs of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions and governments. Corporate bankers build close relationships with their clients in order to develop a comprehensive understanding of the complex financial issues they face. As a result they can deliver a full array of tailored solutions, from capital markets, loans and derivatives to cash management, foreign exchange and trade finance. We solve clients’ domestic and cross-border needs using our global network to deliver solutions right down to local levels.
Corporate bankers routinely work with clients on confidential and complex financial matters. Therefore, attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, problem solving skills, confidence, interpersonal skills and the ability to build credibility from the outside are all crucial attributes. If you have a natural business curiosity, are proactive in completing your work and can communicate with confidence, you may have all the foundations for becoming an excellent corporate banker. Excel and PowerPoint familiarity are also highly desirable and will aid you in your role.
- Problem Solver
- Relationship Expertise
- Quick Thinking
“Excellent technologists. Great vision of bringing the financial services industry into the 2020. Great place to work for work-life balance.” Senior Applications Development Manager, New York, NY
“Great Intern experience, great pay and solid opportunity to end up being a full time after the end of the internship program.” Summer Technology Analyst
“I had a great learning experience, good work environment and excellent coworkers. Had the opportunity to escalate my way to the highest position available in my area within 3 years.” AVP Operations & Technology, San Juan PR
“Excellent technologists. Great vision of bringing the financial services industry into the 2020. Great place to work for work life balance” Senior Applications Development Manager, New York NY
“Globally diverse and technologically progressive” Director of Software Development, Warren NJ
You're the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth.
Our Winter Internship programme is a 3-week paid vacation internship programme commencing on 12th July until 30th July for undergraduate university students. The three week programme offers hands on or virtual (dependent on COVID regulations at the time), practical work experience in one of our key business areas and offers a real insight into what working at Citi is like.
Your time here will look something like this...
* Hands on work experience as a member of a specific business unit within the bank
* Get a solid understanding of the broad range of financial services and products Citi provides
* Learn to build financial models and develop corporate finance solutions for our clients - we strive to create the best outcomes for our clients with financial ingenuity that leads to solutions that are simple, creative and responsible
* Conduct research and analyse industry trends to support our bespoke advice and superior value proposition
* Participate in client development where Citi aims to be the best banking partner for our clients by delivering differentiated client experiences and maintaining a reputation for excellence and integrity that spans everything we do
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
Whether you’ve got prior financial industry experience or not, this 3-week internship provides an opportunity to work for one of the world’s largest financial services organisations. If your internship is successful, you could be considered for one of Citi’s full-time graduate programmes including the CFA programme. These uniquely designed full-time programmes place university graduates in specific functional teams within the bank.
Our full-time programmes start with extensive classroom training and also the opportunity to complete globally recognised qualifications. In addition, winter interns will gain visibility of the permanent positions available to graduates that we have within the bank, both locally in South Africa or at one of Citi’s international offices.
We want to hear from you if...
* We look for highly motivated candidates with a strong work ethic, a positive and proactive mindset, and a firm desire to learn and succeed
* A keen interest in financial markets and current affairs is critical
* We value diverse thinking and encourage students from all degree disciplines to consider our opportunities.
* Studies in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Engineering and Information Technology subjects are beneficial but not essential
* A strong academic record at both Matric and university level is important
* Applicants to attached their CV, Cover Letter, Update Academic History and ID Copy
Who we think will be a great fit...
Extensive work experience is not a requirement, but dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. We’ll be looking for the following: Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial markets and banking industryAnalytical and quantitative skillsStrong communication, planning and organizational skillsKnowledge of the global or domestic business landscape A strong desire to learn and success in team environmentsCommitment to personal growth and career development
Before you apply have you visited our ' Career Inspiration Page'? Head over to learn more about life at Citi, ask a question or get handy tips from the previous Q&A
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs