2023, EMEA, Global Public Affairs, Communication Internship, Paris (Europe, Middle East and Africa) - January IntakeReq ID 80016159 Location Paris, France Job Category Specialized Programs, Intern, Global Public Affairs
You're the brains behind our work.
Ever considered writing compelling content for internal and external audiences? Want to get hands-on managing exciting events? How about finding innovative ways to engage employees? Or working with our community partners?
If you are creative, a storyteller, you get a thrill from multitasking, love working in an international environment, want to take initiative and get hands-on experience…then this internship at Citi in Paris might be just the learning experience you are looking for.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Your time here will look something like this...
You will contribute to the daily operations of the Global Public Affairs (GPA) department for the countries of France, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. You will get hands on experience working on:
* Drafting internal and external communication material, including press releases for the media, communication material targeting employees and customers, Powerpoint presentations, speeches or materials for Citi’s global portals and publications
* Management of corporate websites and social media
* Creating country fact sheets
Community Programs and Volunteer Activities
* Managing and monitoring community projects in partnership with local & regional NGOs and Citi Foundation
* Contributing to company culture and finding innovative ways to engage employees such as organizing volunteer days, further developing diversity networks, launching new initiatives and sponsorship programmes
Client and employee engagement
* Organizing internal and external events (seminars, client events, dinners…)
* Organizing the Citi Journalistic Excellence Award, which encourages and recognizes outstanding business and finance reporting
* Engaging with the Citi Alumni Network
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. The 6-month internship program starts in January 2023 and begins with an introduction to Citi and the Public Affairs team. You will then join a team where you will gain a real-hands on experience by working on a number of live projects.
We want to hear from you if...
• You are currently enrolled in a university that can provide an internship agreement (Graduation Year 2023)
• You have a strong academic background in communications/marketing.
• You are available to start in January 2023.
• You are fluent in English both written and oral (which will be your working language).
Who we think will be a great fit...
We're looking for motivated individuals, who are eager to learn and experience working in global organisation. We’ll also be looking for the following:
* You are able to work under pressure and to handle multiple tasks.
* You have a good work attitude.
* You are hands-on and pro-active.
* You are eager to learn.
* You have advanced skills in PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
* A good level in French is recommended and additional languages beneficial but not essential.
We recruit for 6-month internships from January to June and July to December. We therefore encourage early applications.
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
“Don’t overthink and keep an open-mind. You will learn on the job, whilst there is some technical knowledge that can be learnt prior to joining the large majority comes with time and experience.” Reesha Analyst, Platform Sales
“During analyst rotations, it is important to be a sponge and absorb as much as possible. Actively listen during conversations and take notes so that you can ask follow-up questions.” Haley Assistant Vice President,
Equities and Securities Services
“The caliber of people at Citi is really high. They’re technically competent, fundamentally driven, and hungry to succeed. And I’m proud to work alongside them.” Fa'eez Investment Banking Analyst
“Citi wants to hear junior staff’s ideas. Because the company might know how finance is done historically, but we can provide new insight on what innovations we should be implementing to make it better.” David Corporate Banking Analyst
We’re always on the lookout for great talent. At Citi, learning and self-development is integral to our culture and you can expect to continue to be challenged every day – it’s how we make progress. We take a hands-on learning approach to support your growth and learning.
You’ll learn everyday by doing client work, analysis and other challenging assignments. Get on-the-job practice and feedback from Citi experts as you hone your skills alongside your peers.
You’ll have honest, open interactions with leaders of all levels and focus across our company. From networking events to work shadowing, you will have meaningful conversations and experiences at Citi.
You’ll also have access to our suite of functional courses and eLearning modules to ensure you have the knowledge you need for success. And when you’re ready, we have a whole host of leadership programs and coaching awaiting you.
You’ll also do more than just be a great partner to our clients. You’ll have the opportunity to give back and make a positive impact where we live and work through volunteerism.
Innovation Through Diversity
Join Our Talent Community
Opportunities for students and graduates change throughout the year. If you’d like to be notified about new opportunities, join our Talent Community by choosing your region and completing the form.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs