Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
AVP - Continuity of Business & Crisis Management Sr. AnalystApply Now Locations: Irving, Texas, Jacksonville, Florida, O'Fallon, Missouri Job Function: Risk Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20186082
*** Evening and weekend hours may be required to support activities such as business testing and incident response
Job Description Summary:
Citi’s Business Continuity Management (CBCM) organization within Global Operations & Technology Risk Management (OTRM) is seeking an experienced professional to serve as a Continuity of Business (CoB) Analyst. The CoB Analyst is responsible for business resiliency of critical business processes and technology, and their availability to customers, third parties, regulators, and other stakeholders during an unplanned event or disruption, in accordance with agreed-upon and consistent service levels. Employees in this job family ensure: Business Recovery Plans are viable, executable, implemented, tested, and communicated to the appropriate stakeholders. They also ensure appropriate CoB considerations are incorporated into technology and business planning, for example staffing, facilities, equipment and suppliers. In the event of a business or technology disruption, they identify, prioritize, protect, and restore critical business processes. CoB safeguard Citi’s staff, business operations, and technology under a diverse set of conditions.
Citi’s Business Continuity Management team is seeking a Business Continuity Analyst to support the Global Consumer Bank (GCB) sector. The position requires a candidate with the ability to lead a variety of activities. The successful candidate will participate in and advance a wide array of CoB initiatives. The candidate must be able to form trusting relationships with senior executives and influence GCB Sector outcomes. Working off hours and weekends will be required to support activities for this role.
- Provides and supports oversight of the CBCM Policy and Standard deliverables ensuring quality, efficiency and accuracy.
- Experience in the continuity of business / risk management space is required.
- Coordinates a wide range of CBCM administration activities to implement a CoB Program that includes: Assessment, Planning, Testing, Maintenance, Quality Review, Crisis Management, Training, Awareness, Communications, Monitoring and Reporting.
- Partners with the CBCM leadership and central teams to maintain a calendar of activities to ensure a timely completion of all policy requirements.
- Advises the business on CBCM strategy, policy requirements and preferred practices.
- Interacts with business and technology management to understand future business strategy and CBCM needs, ensuring relevant documentation accounts for changes that occur.
- Conducts business reviews including Franchise Critical Functions, Franchise Critical Applications and the year-end annual CBCM attestation process.
- Facilitates a process to ensure that CBCM documentation is viable, executable, implemented and tested.
- Collaborate and network to gather information internal and external to the organization to help guide business recommendations.
- Promotes Business Continuity training and awareness.
- Will have knowledge of organizational controls, tracking and monitoring requirements, ensuring risks are reported and escalated to Risk & Control Leads when gaps in performance and associated risks are identified. Recommends Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) and / or Risk Exceptions (REs).
- Support Internal Audit reviews and/or internal Control reviews.
- Assists with crisis management support during disruptive events.
- Coordinate business participation in CoB testing to fulfill crisis management, business, technology, supplier and other testing as needed.
- Awareness of Citi and / or other Financial Services institutions.
- Strong understanding of financial services products, and Citi's organizational construct.
- Highly motivated with enthusiasm for the Financial Services industry and desire to master the business.
- Attention to detail and ability to discuss, document and confirm process flows.
- Hands on approach and able to manage own work load whilst taking direction.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills as well as an ability to ‘connect the dots’ and communicate the ‘big picture’.
- Demonstrate ethical fitness and integrity.
- Must be able to effectively interact with senior management to solicit and persuade management and staff cooperation.
- Excellent influencing skills, with experience of communicating, negotiating and partnering with senior colleagues.
- Value a diverse workforce. Strong appreciation of differences in style and/or perspective, utilizing them to inform and enhance decisions or actions and organizational success.
- Must be able to work closely with senior business sponsors and promote consensus on decisions that are right for the organization.
- Sufficiently experienced to provide challenge and feedback for areas of improvement.
- Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork, encouraging the sharing of ideas and lessons learned.
- Ability to work virtually.
- Multi-tasks productively and reliably, while managing conflicting priorities.
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Accountability and results oriented with impeccable attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communications and customer service skills.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5 + years of relevant experience
- Experience in risk management, crisis management, business recovery planning, business continuity or similar function is required.
- Good understanding of the business and financial drivers for Consumer Bank.
- Exposure to Consumer Bank disciplines such as Retail, Branch, Cards, Credit, Collections, Mortgage, Digital, Fraud, Operations and Technology.
- Other relevant experience in financial services that requires analytical skills.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Track record as a strong analyst and recognized as able to deliver work in pressured environments.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in technology, business, or related discipline
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.