Digital Accessibility Specialist (Telecommuter Eligible)
Brief Description of the Organization
Citi’s Global Consumer Bank (GCB) organization, a global leader in banking, credit cards and wealth management, is a critical growth engine for Citi. With a strategic focus on the U.S., Mexico and Asia, the Global Consumer Bank serves more than 110 million clients in 19 markets.
The U.S Consumer Bank (USCB) has implemented a strategy to provide seamless experiences to customers nationwide. We continue to introduce industry-leading digital capabilities, redesign the client experience, and embed our services in the most popular social and e-commerce platforms, enabling customers to bank anytime, anywhere, on their channel of choice.
We are seeking an individual who is passionate about digital accessibility to join the team as a Digital Accessibility Specialist. This individual will report into the VP, Digital Accessibility Lead, and will be responsible for guiding internal partners in digital accessibility development, testing, and remediation, as well as verifying compliance to WCAG and other accessibility standards in alignment with Citi’s ADA policy. This individual will be responsible for educating others on how to implement and test web pages, mobile applications, emails, PDFs, and other commonly used digital file-types for WCAG compliance. Additionally, the Digital Accessibility Specialist will assist with periodic monitoring and reporting of WCAG compliance, as well as designing test processes and procedures. Across all of these efforts will be work to change the culture of the organization, and update “the way we work” to include accessibility considerations.
The Digital Accessibility Specialist is accountable for succeeding against identified metrics. This individual will regularly assume informal/formal leadership roles within teams and must have strong technical expertise and a desire to learn and teach. They must have the courage to always do what’s right, the humility to learn from mistakes, and the ability to make decisions in alignment with the risk appetite of the organization to promote sound outcomes for Citi and its stakeholders.
- Act as the subject matter expert (SME) for WCAG guidelines and stay informed of new guidelines as they evolve
- Identify and suggest potential solutions for accessibility issues based on WCAG and PDF/UA
- Apply accessibility knowledge in the areas of design (UX/UI), development, and testing in support of Citi’s digital properties, including web and mobile applications, PDF documents, and emails
- Work across the organization to help drive the adherence and implementation of key compliance guidelines including identifying opportunities to increase effectiveness
- Assist accountable parties (technology, journey owners) to interpret accessibility audit reports and identify root causes of defect creation and monitor remediation of those root causes
- Partner with groups across the consumer bank to share best practices for digital accessibility
- Participate in testing and evaluating digital accessibility software
- Understand how a global matrixed organization operates and functions, and thrive in this type of environment
- 4 years of digital accessibility development and testing following standards such as WCAG 2.0 AA, WCAG 2.1 AA, Section 508, PDF/UA, UAAG, ATAG
- 5+ years front end development experience
- Native mobile development experience
- Experience performing accessibility audits using assistive technologies such as VoiceOver, TalkBack, JAWS, NVDA
- Experience using automated accessibility testing tools such as Axe, Access Continuum, and WAVE
- One or more of the following industry certifications: International Association of Accessibility Professionals (IAAP) CPACC, WAS, and/or CPWA, DHS Trusted Tester Training for Web on Windows
- Experience mentoring others in methods and techniques for addressing accessibility barriers on web applications and mobile devices and in a variety of forums
- Experience integrating automated accessibility testing within CI/CD pipeline and with unit testing frameworks such as Karma, Selenium, and Protractor
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience working with vendors on development and testing for accessibility
- Consumer-centric; empathetic toward the customer with the ability to put oneself in their shoes
- Solid interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on collaborating, influencing, and coaching
- Strong verbal and written communication and diplomacy skills, with ability to maintain working relationships across a geographically dispersed organization
- Fast learner, with enthusiasm and ability for acquiring knowledge to become a subject matter expert on compliance guidelines and initiatives
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Operational Risk
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs